I want to read the Spiderman comics, but I don't know where to begin!?

I've never read comics before, so I'm not sure how to go about this. I've looked up a bit of Spidey stuff online, and it seems that there's like different tellings and retellings of Peter Parker's story, different comics, different story arcs, so much to choose from... What should I read? Help me!!

@Jena: The 1st one of which story arc?

• Favorite Answer

it doesn't really matter, whatever you can get your hands on and you can use wikipedia and the internet to help you figure it out from there. The movies have been fairly close to the original origin of Spider-Man created by Stan Lee and company.

• pooler

you ought to get the fundamental trades that reprint the comics yet paying for the originals is so costly now.you additionally can purchase the CD ROM series or ask your self grasp works and ultimately you ought to borrow or examine your friends comics. just to enable you recognize how costly they're superb spider guy a million starts at around $a million,000 US funds for a honest replica

the 1st one