Yeast infection or BV?
About a month ago I went to the doctor to get tested for a vaginal infection. I was sure it was a yeast infection I just needed a confirmation from a doctor. She gave two doses of the Difulcan pill. Which worked wonders. The inflammation was gone, and the white discharge.
I noticed I was having a lot of white discharge in less than a week which is unusual for me. I though maybe the yeast wasn't completely gone. But it was finals week so I put it off.
Now my vulva is inflamed again and there is more white discharge around the opening. It isn't as severe as it was the first time (no discomfort). There is no itch and I can't smell any foul odors.
Should I go back to the doctor or just try to treat myself? I heard dipping a yogurt in tampon works. How can I prevent this from happening again? It happened after I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Although I read that you can't get it from sex.
- Anonymous8 years agoFavorite Answer
You can treat this quite easily by yourself. It will require a trip to your local health food store and buy some items. Also you will need to change you diet for a limited time. Once you follow this, you will get rid of the infection and also candida ( yeast ) over-growth in your body:
1. Choose cotton underwear and do not wear tight trousers (Moulds love warm, dark spaces with limited airflow).
2. Avoid damp environments where airborne moulds are ever-present.
3. Exercise everyday to relieve stress. Aerobic exercise is especially useful in treating candida as Candida and other fungi do not thrive in a high-oxygen environment. Also, fresh air and regular exercise have a positive effect on immunity.
4. Cut all foods containing yeast including bread, pizza, crackers, pastries, muffins, mushrooms and ferments like soy sauce, cheese, tomato paste, beer and vinegar.
5. Avoid refined carbohydrates as they are known to have a depressant effect on the immune system.
6. Get organic coconut oil which cost about $5-7 dollars from a health food store and take 2 tablespoons of it every morning. It will help give relief from the inflammation caused by yeast (candida), externally and internally to your body.
7. Get apple cider vinegar RAW. I would recommend the one from a company called Bragg's which is about $6 dollars. Take 2 tablespoons of it the moment you wake up from bed and before you go to sleep. It helps encourage the growth of healthy bacteria, which in turn minimizes the overgrowth of candida and balances your body's pH level.
8. Eat lots of leafy Green Veg's every time you are hungry.
9. Get probiotics supplement which cost about 20-30 dollars. Use as directed
10. AVOID ALL SUGAR BASED FOODS
This will starve the candida and reduce you inflammation. You can use this with your cream as it will do no harm. But please this will require effort on your part and since you did take action by seeking help I know you can do what i suggested above . I can tell you from personally experience that this WORKS because I have done this myselfSource(s): Also I highly recommend that you search yeast infection treatment by eric bakker who is the leading authority/expert on topic of yeast infection. Visit his site, he has a full candida crusher program to help you crush candida foreve and all the information is free.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 8 years ago