Yeast infection or BV?

About a month ago I went to the doctor to get tested for a vaginal infection. I was sure it was a yeast infection I just needed a confirmation from a doctor. She gave two doses of the Difulcan pill. Which worked wonders. The inflammation was gone, and the white discharge. I noticed I was having a lot of white... show more About a month ago I went to the doctor to get tested for a vaginal infection. I was sure it was a yeast infection I just needed a confirmation from a doctor. She gave two doses of the Difulcan pill. Which worked wonders. The inflammation was gone, and the white discharge.

I noticed I was having a lot of white discharge in less than a week which is unusual for me. I though maybe the yeast wasn't completely gone. But it was finals week so I put it off.

Now my vulva is inflamed again and there is more white discharge around the opening. It isn't as severe as it was the first time (no discomfort). There is no itch and I can't smell any foul odors.

Should I go back to the doctor or just try to treat myself? I heard dipping a yogurt in tampon works. How can I prevent this from happening again? It happened after I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Although I read that you can't get it from sex.