VeTa asked in TravelAir Travel · 8 years ago

Frankfurt Airport - international connecting flight?

I am flying out of Friedrichshafen via Frankfurt from where I fly to Australia. I am planning on meeting a friend in Frankfurt but I am not sure if it is possible to step outside the airport if I have a connecting International flight. Will I be in a transit area? Are there seperate terminals for domestic and International flight?

Thanks!

• Gerd P
    Favorite Answer

Your flight from Friedrichshafen to Frankfurt is a domestic or intra-Schengen flight without any immigration controls on arrival at Frankfurt. You can leave as you please. Just make sure that you are at your departure gate for you international flight early enough since there may be queues at departure immigration. Terminals are assigned by airlines. All Lufthansa flights are operated out of terminal 1..

@robert43041:

Sorry, and with all respect, but what you tell is just not true. If you would fly from Montreal to London and you take a connecting flight at Toronto, wouldn't you be able to see a friend at Pearson International? Why do you think it is different in Germany?

Connecting Flight Frankfurt Airport

right, no immigration control, but normal airport security, therefore you would need to take that into account in timing. If you have more than, say, 90 minutes, may be worth it

domestic to international connecting time in FRA is 60 minutes, you'll be in terminal one.

Source(s): work for LH for 7 years

have a connecting flight in frankfurt from JFK-MNL, do i need a visa?

You will be in a secured transit area (beyond custom area etc) so it will not be possible for you to out...or for your friend to come in.