Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

why does fox news talk about the "mainstream media" as if fox was not mainstream?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm not really a "fox-hater", but I've wondered the same thing. They are, and have been, the most popular news organization on tv.

• 9 years ago

It isn't. Listen to Limbaugh and you will learn.

The mainstream media has a daily agenda and talking points and is connected to the White House. It is not hard to prove, Limbaugh does it all the time with audio clips. Once he had a mainstream media person on who described the process. It has all kinds of uses. Like if a Democrat is asked a question about a certain topic he may say "I haven't heard that". And that would be the truth .. because the mainstream media had filtered it that day and that is the only media he reads.

It goes on and on ..

Source(s): Limbaugh
  • Noah
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Maybe Fox is the defender of the 'fringe' media. Maybe they think that 'fringe' is a good thing. Of course they always talk about certain groups as being 'fringe', which is a 'bad' thing. Therefore 'mainstream' must be a 'good' thing. It's confusing...that for sure!

• 9 years ago

Being mainstream implies some degree of class which the yellow journalism of Fox tabloid chatter just doesn't have.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Fox is fair and balanced. The other networks (which out number Fox) known as the mainstream media are totally Left of center as far as politics go. Some are far more Left than others. Unfortunately it's hard to find a network that reports the facts without political opinion. At least Fox has political contributors from both sides of the isle, even if they kind of lean more to the Right. The other networks rarely allow opposing views.

• 7 years ago

Corporate owned news media is always mainstream, irregardless of the political leaning.

• Hobbit
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

At one point, FOX was mainstream. Whether or not they still are is debatable. In any event, if they want to define themselves as a crackpot fringe organization, who am I to argue?

• 9 years ago

They mean left wing media, which is everyone else on TV but FNC and Fox business News.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Liberals don't consider FOX to be news.

Source(s): USN MT(SS)
  • ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

When they say "This has not been reported by mainstream media" they mean mainstream media. According to idiot libtards, fox isn't mainstream. But what they do call that, is the same agency that doctored the Zimmerman 911 call.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.