Chanel asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 years ago

How to hide bulimia from family/friends?

I have a love/hate relationship with my bulimia. I'm not going to stop. Please don't give me answers like 'dont do it' or 'your selfish.' i just want some good tips on how to hide it so my family doesnt find out.

thanks.

Favorite Answer

Unfortunately (and I speak from experience here) bulimia isn't easy to hide. Disappearing during meal time is noted, as is the smell of vomit on your breath. Your dentist notices, as your teeth decay very quickly, as the enamel gets destroyed from all the acid from the vomit you induce each day. Bowel movements get hard to happen, without more and more laxatives. I've ended up having so many problems with my digestion, it's not funny.

It's a hard one. I mostly have gotten over my bulimia, but it still emerges in desire to eat a massive amount and then to purge it. I am still (30 years later) battling it. And people notice. Most don't comment, so that's ok, but some do. You just get really good at making up stories. Good luck.

I decline to help you destroy your health.

You are delusional and behaving according to the peculiar schemas you have acquired.

In any case, try this:

Your perceptions and desires are products of conditioning and other sentient experience you have acquired up to this point in life. You can change the contents of your mind, and you can shape your mind to be pro-social, rational, and smarter, too. (That task is part of what is called mental development and, in my opinion, requires a long-term commitment to high quality self-education about the natural world, one’s place in nature, and the history of the evolution of the real world including the life on it.)

MINDFULNESS MEDITATION

Consciousness is a function of a cognitive neural network processing both sensory data and memory. Sentient experience can be subjectively deconstructed into four foundations of mindfulness:

1. Mindfulness of body.

2. Mindfulness of sensation as pleasant, unpleasant, or neutral (physical sensation).

3. Mindfulness of state of mind (attitude, emotion).

4. Mindfulness of content of mind (ideas, learned skills, memory, mental images, beliefs).

For about 20 minutes twice a day:

Sit in a comfortable position, legs crossed and back erect if possible, and with as little noise and distraction as possible. Focus your mind only on your breathing. If your mind wanders, deconstruct the mind object as outlined above or bring your attention back to your breathing, counting mentally “1 in, 1 out, 2 in, 2 out, 3 in …” and so on for a cycle of four or five breaths. Try to calm your breathing as you do this.

Alternately, take a deep breath and calmly repeat a list of digits such as the one below all in one breath, repeating for about 20 minutes (once you have it memorized, you can just repeat it mentally; repeating it verbally will help calm your breathing):

68849 28977

94142 71231

27860 67361

14184 53447

79620 25153

As you do this there will be the usual background of a continuous stream of thoughts, random or specific ideas, and images, feelings that come and go. Any of these can distract you, but you can just ignore them. There is no need to suppress any of it; your brain normally processes information via random association or cognitive models you have acquired either on purpose or by random experience. These are the things that usually drive your perceptions and behavior, even your dreams.

I'm not saying don't do it, even though I should. You probably can't help it. You could die from this, and get MAJOR health problems, and cosmetic issues, like your teeth literally wasting away, because of all the acid from regurgitating food.

Source(s): I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Personally I think eating would be a good idea, but hey that's just me. Oh and not throwing up afterwards, that's useful too. That should hide your Bulima quite nicely.

Get wax like they make for braces and shape it to fit your teeth to cover your teeth before you throw up. because in about a year your teeth will start deteriorating at the bottom. And they will definitely notice. Also, don't throw up in front of them.

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?