Why is Australian Politics so monkeyish?

Now forgive me for any unintentional ignorance here, but I have been watching some political programmes (or seen bits of rather) and it really confuses me. Someone begins to speak / bring up a topic and the rest of the people start acting like monkeys or 'otters' and going 'oaaaaaar oaaaar' and then the judge looking dude goes 'order' about 5 times to shut them up for about 2 seconds.

I haven't really seen any other countries politics seeing as I live in Australia, so maybe this is what it is like in all places. But why the heck are supposedly important subjects being talked about in such a seemingly childish way?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • molly
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Spot on I have often thought they should rename question time in Parliament to political play school.

• 9 years ago

Well in Korean they have brawls in parliament. Would you rather that method?

The fellow you thought was a judge is called either the Speaker of the House or the President of the Senate depending on the chamber.

They discuss issues in this manner to demonstrate their passion for the topics at hand.

• 9 years ago

Abos

Source(s): Abos
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

because there all trying to score points like little kids... here in aus we have a 24hr news cycle.... so all the pollies want there daily sound bite...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

because a dingo ate your baby

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.