Sean G
Sean G asked in SportsBoxing · 8 years ago

Boxing: Why is Chad Dawson calling out Andre Ward?

There is an undefeated titlist in Tavoris Cloud at 175. There is also the matter of avenging his loss to Jean Pascal.

Who should he fight next?

• Best Answer

"Bad" Chad Dawson deserves to fight the top fighters in the world after proving

he could defeat one of the greatest Middleweight Champions of all time to that

being Bernard Hopkins. B-Hop fought his heart out however, I think his age has

finally caught up to him and it was good for him to pass the torch over to Chad.

And if I remember correctly Bernard Hopkins was ringside at the Super 6 World

Class Super Middleweight tournament during the final match meeting with Ward

and Froch so, I'm sure that Hopkins was interested in fighting the winner. Andre

Ward vs Chad Dawson has all the makings for being one of the greatest fights in

professional boxing history. Ranked right up there with "Sugar" Ray Leonard and

"Marvelous" Marvin Hagler. Andre reminds me of a younger "Sugar" Ray Leonard.

BQ: The proceedings for making the match between "Thunder" Tavoris Cloud and

Jean Pascal are almost done. I'm sure that "Bad" Chad Dawson wouldn't mind to

fight the winner of that fight and throw in Gabriel Campillo. Bring on all of champs

in the division I wouldn't mind seeing Chad Dawson unify those Light Heavyweight

titles to be crown the undisputed Champion in the division just like Roy Jones JR.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ArO9k...

• I am Joshua Mbngo Dmbungo TONGUE-CLICK Jnr. Jnr.

It's a smart move. Cloud's stock is low after the schooling he got from Campillo, Pascal's not close to the top ten P4P list.

Ward's stock is high and he's the best fighter in Dawson's weight range, my respect for Chad rose when he called out Ward. Ward is the highest ranked P4P, most people percieve him as the best and his stock is the highest of anyone from 168 to 175. I think it shows Dawson is very confident and wants to face the best.

Look at the way Mayweather does things. For a brief moment, between the Berto and Mayweather fghts, Ortiz' stock was high. He wasn't actually much of a better fighter than he had been previously, but his stock was higher, that made it applicable for Mayweather to fight him. Dawson has W's over guys who are over the hill, he wants a W over Ward when Ward's at his peak.

TONGUE-CLICK!

I can live with a fight like that. Its Amazing. Even as the winner. Bernard makes it hard to look good. Chad is defiantly more impressive than I remember. He needs to settle down and respect his position. Hes still the champ fair and square. A fight with Ward would take some deliberate training for Dawson. Ward is tricky. One thing I have to say about Tarvoris is. From the fights Ive seen of him he takes punishment but pulls it out. Hes not going to last to long giving away early rounds. Hes good though.Its getting interesting.

Why not call out Andre Ward? Ward only has bute to worry about at 168. He's beaten everyone else.

I'd love to see Ward at Lt. Heavy. A fight vs Dawson, Cloud, Pascal, or Campillo would be great. Ward has got to fight again soon.

• teodor

He should be calling out Tavoris Cloud and yes Jean Pascal. But obviously he does not want to fight those guys who could again expose him. Dawson for all his talent and skills remained an uninetersting, unexciting, colorless fighter. Even in victory, he seemed morose! But he did beat Bhop. But he should be fighting Cloud or Pascal. Or even Gabriel Campillo.

i think andre ward would be a really good match up. both are highly skilled fighters and both have the potential to be true elites of the sport. BUT, i think that he should at least have a rematch with pascal before considering andre ward as a likely opponent and andre ward should be seeking a fight with bute, if he gets pass froch of course.but besides that, i wouldn't mind this fight at all.

Cloud, Pascal, Ward, Cleverly, etc.....bring them all on.

Dawson is one of my favorite fighters, and I bet HBO were a bit shell shocked to have him call out a Showtime fighter like Ward.

Either way, Dawson is the man and I'm excited to see him fight whoever at the top level.

I have the same attitude when it comes to upcoming fights w/ guys like Mayweather, Dawson, and Pavlik: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uxn3RoqTOQ

Youtube thumbnail

• J D

Cloud looked like **** in his last fight and only remains undefeated thanks to receiving a bs gift decision. I'd like to see him rematch Pascal next, but you can't knock him for wanting Ward, who is the higher profile guy.

The same reason Sergio Martinez is calling out Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, he wants a fight he thinks he can win that will earn him good money and get him maximum publicity.

Cloud is the fight i want to see.

Pascal has lost his appeal after his two performances against Hokpins