How do I tell my parents I want a new life?

I'm 18, from Western Australia and recently I've decided that I want to move over east to New South Wales or Canberra. But the issue is that I go to university (which isn't right for me) but my parents forced me to go there and will refuse to listen to any other argument. I just find over here I am quite depressed and just want a new start.

I have plenty of money to last a minimum of 1 year and will get a job as soon as possible so I can continue to live there. I plan to study a diploma of Accounting and Human Resources then gain work experience either by volunteering or ask a firm for an intern-ship or just let me gain some experience.

But how do I tell my parents this? I have been forced to do everything my entire life and am sick of it, I just want a new start but I have no idea how to do say it.

Favorite Answer

G'day adendvw,

Thank you for your question,

I would make your plans so that when you speak with them you will be able to answer their questions. You might also want to look at joining the public service especially if you are looking in Canberra as they will pay your salary while you get your qualifircations. Rent in both Sydney or Canberra is high and that is where you hope to be studying.

Regards

• I dont know how much different things are in Australlia than America, but your 18 . . . do they really have any control over you?

just man up and say it

TELL THEM YOUR GAY