How can one straighten an electrical prong?

I'm talking about this http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/flat-prong-plug.jpg

I was moving my couch and I forgot to unplug my alarm clock right behind it, and now it's mildly bent on both prongs where it doesn't plug back in.

Any solutions on how to bend them back to near straight-ness?

Favorite Answer

Needle-nosed pliers is what works best for me. Just take your time bending them back and if it's tight going into an outlet, keep adjusting the distance between the two prongs until they're even and use a good plug as a reference to determine the distance between the prongs.

Hope this helps you!

When this happens to me, I use standard slip joint pliers because they are wider than the needle nose ones another poster recommended. I place the grip part over the bend and squeeze. As long as I get it pretty flat, it works. And I can bend it into alignment with the other one at the same time.

hi,,buy a new plug only, from an electrical shop and cut the wire next to the plug and refit a new plug this will solve your problem good luck ,,Peter