Is lucid dreaming ok in your opinion?

Ok, so I've been really interested in lucid dreaming (being conscious in a dream) ever since I saw an upcoming device for it on a product funding website.

I looked into it and, I gotta say, I was curious if it was a practice I shouldn't partake in. So, me being a Protestant Christian, I checked out some Christian forums and checked out what they had to say about it.

I found a lot of "Yeah, dude, it's natural. Just as long as it doesn't get spiritual or anything."s and "Yup. I have em all the time and they're not bad. They're kind of cool". I scrolled down and eventually found one that surprised me a bit.

This guy had been practically addicted to them because they were so much fun to be in control of everything that went down, right? But later on he began to have weird figures show up and scream at him and laugh. He delved into a lot of other details on how he wasn't a Christian when this happened and God showed him that lucid dreaming opened his mind up to the devil to explore and capture, but God saved him.

So I was just curious as to what YOU guys think about it.

Yes, it's perfectly fine. Lucid dreaming is just controlling your unconscious self, which is what dreams are, a subconscious form of reality. It's true that it's interesting to be able to control something close to reality, but the best thing is to get outside and meet people. As for that guy... he's an odd..., just don't let that taint your image of lucid dreaming as it's loads of fun.

Source(s): I am able to lucid dream, and I study dreams as a subset...

TBH, it sounds kind of fake. If this really did happen, it eventually meant he wasn't having lucid dreams anymore, but all-in-all, if you can, have lucid dreams because it is something many people don't get to control

Lucid dreams are pretty short, like 30 seconds to a minute. The guy you mention sounds like a fraud.

Ive heard that ingesting a coke accurate earlier you bypass to mattress i recommend accurate earlier you hit the sack will save your recommendations shifting very quick by ability of the nighttime and may actually help. i imagine its a fable. yet I easily have lucid objectives fantastically a lot each and every nighttime. Ive worked on being extra comfortable and relaxing my recommendations after I lay down. Telling myself mentally to relax and take deep breath so as that my body is totally (fantastically a lot subconscious) asleep. artwork on once you roll over to the subsequent pillow and examine out to put up a idea earlier you fall back asleep.

I get lucid dreams quite frequently (i hate them and they just come naturally) so obviously I believe that there is such a occurrence.

However, the spirituality thing and all, that's seriously a load of bull.

I have lucid dreams all the time!

Source(s): Nothing wrong with em