How do you know when you're gonna start your period?

For the first time?

Favorite Answer

It's different for everyone. You might get cramps, and you might get a heavier flow of discharge leading up to your period. You may also get moody, have cravings for sweet or salty foods, or your breasts could be sore. Sometimes the symptoms just feel like fatigue or normal teenage hormones, so you might not notice them. Just start being a little more aware of your body from now until you get your period, and keep a pad/ tampon close to you. Hope this helps!

When you do get your period, go to the source I have listed. The first one is FAQ, and the second one is how to insert a tampon. To use the second one, I recommend sitting on something where you can look in a mirror and see your vagina (it makes insertion a lot easier and more comfortable).

You simply don't know.

It's possible that you could have "cramps" beforehand, but if you have never felt them--you may mistake for a stomache ache.

When I finish a sentence.

For me....I felt nauseous.