how do i proxy an ip?

hello,

recently i made a free ventrilo server and in the tutorial it told me 2 go 2 a web site 2 check my ip so id and it said my ip and on the bottom of the ip it said no proxy detected n every day i have 2 go back 2 the web site 2 see my new ip to connect 2 my ventrilo server and then i have 2 send the ip 2 all my friends so they can get on.

if any 1 can help me tht would be great

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't think you want a proxy.

You need something like no-ip.com to update a subdomain that people can go to.

You can make a free account at no-ip.com and register a sub-domain, then run a program that updates your IP address to that subdomain.

So lets say you registered jovany.no-ip.com and updated your ip address to it (either by visiting the no-ip page or the program that updates automatically) then you would just give your friends jovany.no-ip.com and they would be directed to your server.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I'm assuming you made a home server on a home connection with an ISP without static IPs.

Great news for you if that is the problem. There is a great site that will let you do exactly what you want. It's free or at least it used to be. I'll link you in the source.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

actual Ip skill an IP via which you would be able to get right of entry to the internet immediately or time-venerated as public ip besides the place as proxy ip skill a private ip which desires a proxy server to get right of entry to internet that's continually good to have a private or proxy ip coz its plenty confusing to hack while you're having a proxy ip particularly than actual ip

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.