Anonymous

Why do you think that, after all the Blacks who have gotten Medical Degrees & Doctorate degrees?

and all manner of advanced academic credentials, stereotypes about Black intellectual inferiority still persist ( I have my own opinions on this, but i want to know yours as well)

Off the top of my head, i can name some super educated Black people

Dr. Ben Carson: 40 Honorary Doctorate Degrees, Medical Degree ( Ivy League ) , Worlds most famous pediatric neuro surgeon

Randall Pinkett: 5 academic degrees, including a Masters in Electrical Engineering & Doctorate of Media & Technology Studies ( Ivy League ). Ranked by business magazines one of the top 10 most educated individuals in the United States

Neil Degrasse Tyson: Astro - Physicist. Doctorate of Astro - Physics ( Ivy League ). America's most famous science educator

Regina Benjamin: Surgeon-General of the United States under the current administration. Medical Degree. Mensa membership

I could easily name another 50 people, but i think this list will suffice

I ask this because, as a Black man who aspires to do my part to break stereotypes about Blacks by excelling intellectually, financially, & academically ( hopefully one day obtaining a PhD). I'm not encouraged by the fact that Black people who have done just that ( like the ones i've listed ) still appear not to have changed the racist beliefs of many people, no matter how many degrees they got, or how successful they were in thier carrer

Today we still have people who attribute gaps in the education levels of American Blacks , to genetics. Not to poverty , institutionalized racism, or a history of being oppressed and not being given the same opportunities afforded whites

@ Biz: IQ testing was debunked years ago, as pseudo-scientific, politically motivated , culturally & economically biased. If you don't believe me, read:

"IQ, Heritability & Racism" by Lawler or "Standardized Minds" by Peter Sacks

Favorite Answer

Maybe because of Rap videos, high crime rates in black neighborhoods, baggy pants, hard to understand English, Trayvon Martin, and so on. It literally goes on and on.

I have taken multiple anthropology classes, and understand the theory of evolution perfectly. However, I also think that nature is too perfect and too beautiful that it all 'just happening' is too improbable. So, I guess I'd fall under 'Intelligent Design', but not in the way that most people think of it now (ie, people trying to get creationism taught in schools) but in the literal sense, which means that we were somehow created by a higher power, and evolution, if it was the case (it does have its holes, but so do all theories to explain how we got here) would have been directed by this higher power rather than being completely random genetic mutations. As far as Noah's Ark, I don't really know - at the very least, I don't believe a wooden boat could've survived 4000 years exposed on top of a mountain. Almost every culture in existence has some sort of flood story (along with a creation story and a story of a deity being resurrected), which seems to indicate that at some point in very distant history, there was a flood that almost completely covered the parts of the earth known to humans at the time.

• ₮y

Don't listen to bogus statistics or the next race that want to make it sound like you're more dumb than they are. Look at Africa for instance... all black countries were able to regain their independence and became fed up with foreign governments trying to run their life and control them. They can govern themselves and that's exactly what they are doing this day.

As you can see biz and paul bong are your average racist trolls. I can't believe they still use the bell curve for an argument, are they that pathetic? As for your question I think its due in part by the naivete of some. Did you know the bell curve was funded by a neo-nazi eugenics company? Doesn't that just scream bias?

Source(s): People like Biz love to hang on to outdated pseudo-science, to continue their trolling. Its a shame.

"[T]he average IQ for East Asians centers around 106; for Whites, about 100; and for Blacks about 85 in the U.S. and 70 in sub-Saharan Africa."

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/9530.a...

So on average, white people are smarter than black people. That's not to say there aren't any smart black people or dumb white people, because there are exceptions to every rule.

because of the ghetto fools who act like idiots and makes the rest of us look bad

Source(s): L.A. Riots
  • UGH

IQ test don't measure intelligence....