How to convince my mom to let me be in a state pageant?

Okay. I got this letter in the mail saying I qualified for the state beauty pageant. I had never done a pageant before, and never really thought about it. but when i saw and read the letter, i was excited, and wanted to do it. even though i had never had any training, they have workshops and training to make sure i would be ready. They even say you don't have to have prior experience. Well, i showed My mom, but she didn't even want to talk about it. She told me that pageants are vicious, and its all about people pointing out your imperfections. She also says that once we get into it, they will be asking for money left and right. I'm 13, a straight A student with a 4.0 gpa, and i think this would be a really good experience. Also, we are moving back to more down south, and pageants are big there. I really want to do this, but my mom wont even think about just going to the informational meeting, which is just an hour. how can i convince her to let me? we like watching the Miss America pageants together, but then we will see Toddlers in Tiaras, but i know that not all pageant girls are like that. Even some girls in my dance class do pageants. Well, any thing to convince my mom would be great. Thanks!

Ask her to come to the informational meeting with you, and maybe it will convince her and she will change her mind.