Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicClassical · 9 years ago

How do I know If Violin is right for me?:)?

Hello,

I want to learn the Violin, or at least I think I do . I'm a 27 year old female that attends full-time college. I have a little free time for hobbies and what not and I wanted a hobby that was better than sitting on my butt playing games or watching TV. I tried to start reading but I am very fidgety and I need something hands-on. I have never picked up a violin in my life , I have only played brass instruments and a little piano. I would have to learn to read music again but, that's not the hard part really. I plan to rent a violin because, i know if I want to play decently I will need a decent violin which could cost me more than 300 dollars so I want to make sure I like it before investing. I also will plan to least start with lessons with a private tutor. I know I wont have enough motivation to start it on my own . So what do all you think? What are the questions I should be asking myself before doing this? What should I consider?

Also, I will go to a Violin shop to rent and get them to help me find a suitable violin for me :)

Favorite Answer

Are you diligent and persistent?

It's hard work.

• botti

Baba O' Reilly, (with the lyrics approximately a "Teenage Wasteland") that's used because the topic track for "CSI: New York". It was once written by way of Pete Townshend, and played by way of The Who, for whom Pete performed lead guitar. In live performance despite the fact that, a harmonica was once used, as a substitute of a violin. The Blue Man Group makes use of a violin, after they participate in the track in live performance. The violin does not are available in, till the top ingredients of the track.