How much of a Return do new cabinets bring?

I'm thinking of replacing all of my cabinets and countertops in my kitchen. The ones Im interested in buying are decorative but basic costing around $3000. How much of a return/ value in my home am I adding?

Thanks

• rob s
    Favorite Answer

Kitchens on the average , in a remodel will bring back 70/80% . Several factors that can make this higher or lower, but that is an average. GL

• Laurie

That would depend on the quality of the cabinets, If you have enough or extra cabinet space and if they are arranged correctly. Usually any kitchen remodel is good but if the cabinets don't improve the space then it isn't going to give you much if any return.

• ?

Ask your realtor.

These sorts of things vary regionally.

If you have no plan to sell your home, I wouldn't worry about and go ahead and get the cabinets.

I work in home remodeling, and people ask this sort of question alot.

Unless you have concrete plans to sell your home within a short period, say, a couple of years, I'd do what you want that you like in your home.