How do I get rid of a big spider in my window? Please help. :(?

So there is a huge spider in between the glass and the screen of my window. I'm scared to open it because it might jump out and hide in my bed or something or find another spot while i'm not home. I have no idea how It got in there. I know there is a little hole in my screen but the spider looks to big to fit through, and I'm also too scared to spray it. When will it leave? When will it die? How do I get rid of it?

I heard some spiders can live for a year without food. :(

Favorite Answer

OH SPIDER. I don't like the big ones. Usually when i have a spider that's big i get someone to help me. BUT if you want to be brave then open the window or you can smack it will something and let it fall on the floor. Then if it starts crawling make him crawl on the paper and throw him out the window so he can find a different spot. By the way mushing it will just make a mess. XD

Source(s): Ta da! Sorry if its to long!

If the screen is on the outside, the spider can not get you unless you open the window. If the screen is inside the glass, then put some tape over the hole as added insurance the spider can not get in. Then, forget about it.

In case you get braver than you sound, a vacuum with a wand is the perfect tool for spiders. You can usually scoop them quickly up and the spider does not survive the trip through the vacuum. You will also not find the spider in the dirt if you looked later.

There are a lot of spiders that like to nest by windows, because that's where bugs are.

Unless you are in a want or need to open your window, just let your little friend stay there.

The only other option, is to remove the screen, and deal with the spider. Hose it off with a garden hose, catch it and put it in bushes away from the house, use your imagination.

If the spider made a web, it will probably never leave it unless driven out.

One thing it won't do is jump out or hide in your bed.(they are very much afraid of humans)

Maybe if you become a little more familiar with spiders,you wont be so afraid of them.

Unless spiders are in the way, I just ignore them to live their own life.

Source(s): UC Irvine, entomology

Put gloves on, and log sleeves and a jacket. Then go outside too the window and remove the screen from there, but watch out for the spider.

Source(s): Logic

It has been scientifically proven that bare-bottomed farting on a spider will indeed kill it, as the delicate combination of methane and nitrogen gas released disrupts the senses of the spider immediately, followed by the legs of the spider curling inwards, initiating the 'deathpose' in which a spider's brain thinks it is dying, and by placebo - actually becomes deceased.

A similar effect can be achieved by flicking it with a really hard flick by your finger (but no one wants to touch spiders in modern society).

Source(s): I'm a doctor.

Just get a cup and trap the spider, then open the window and try dumping it out or seal the top of the cup with a toilet paper (if you are brave enough) and take it outside and dump it out.

• hermon

Spider On Window

Open your window and throw something at the screen so it falls out lol or have someone else get it

If i were you I would make one of my family members do it because spiders freak me out.

I'm sorry I hate spiders ... I can't even get close to them. I think u should go get. Someone else to go kill it for you.