Why are brothers so lame around their friends?

Now, I don't know if you can consider this different but it's not just any brother, it's my twin. (twins will understand) I've grown up with him, I talk to him every night before bed, we know each other so well, he's my best friend. He has had a history of being kind of an asshole in front of his friends but most of the time I just look past it - you know, whole male dominance crap...blah blah "look how cool I am." Whatever. Well tonight, I jokingly called him a fatty because he was eating food I had made for a party tomorrow. I said JOKINGLY, "Don't eat the food, ya fatty." And he looks at me and says quite seriuosly in front of his friend, "You're one to talk." I was so shocked I didn't even know what to say, sure I'm a little on the chubby side and have had some weight issues in my life but WOW. Even his friend was like "Wow, jerk." Why are guys like this around their friends? Why do they feel the impulsive need to be assholes all the time?

Favorite Answer

Boys want to impress their friends and they will hurt anyone who tries to make him look stupid by making you look stupid.

My brother does the same thing sometimes, but he's not always serious. I guess that's just what they do. They want to seem like they're in control when they're around them. He could also be insecure about his weight. I don't know him personally, so I'm not sure. But I feel like you shouldn't feel offended if he comments on your weight when you comment on his, even though you said it "jokingly".

Obviously to impress their friends. I just tell people like that my d*ick is bigger then theirs and they usually don't reply.

Source(s): Own experience.

sounds like he misunderstood your joking as an insult.