Mom of 3 joining Air Force?

I'm 22 years old I have s 2 year old and I'm 8 months pregnant with twins, I was wondering if joining the airforce Luke 6-7 months after I give birth to my twins if joining airforce would be a good idea, my husband has been in the army for 5 years, and I love the whole military life thing and would like to live on post with my kids and have them in school on post and etc. but with 3 kids will I ever be able to do it?

Favorite Answer

Why would you even consider wanting to sign up in whatever branch when your spouse is in the service.

Also why would you consider joining a different branch when your spouse is in another, the chances of being stationed together is slim.

• Erik T

My goodness, you've already made some serious choices and now you're trying to make another one.

No, joining the Air Force would not be a good idea. You have chosen Motherhood, stick with that.

You say your husband is in the Army, why can't you live on post, have the kids on post in school, etc.? Plenty of soldiers have three kids and live on post. Why would you join another branch of the military, thus ensuring you'd NEVER be stationed with your husband?

Joining the military is a serious calling, and so is parenthood.

Source(s): Retired Army Officer/Enlisted
  • NWIP

You would not be able to join AD you could only join the Reserves as your spouse is AD himself. Plus if you could how would you handle being away from the kids becaus you would have BMT, then Tech, no guarantee that you would be in the same state let alone the same side of the US or even in the US at all. So you would take the kids away from their dad? You would need a family plan. It is NOT possible.

The Air tension is the main complicated service to learn enlistment. all the defense force branches are lowering and in undemanding terms thirty % of the applicants make it into service. examine with an Air tension recruiter yet a single mom with toddlers isn't as an acceptable candidate as a single woman without toddlers. the defense force trains warriors not nurturers.

Actually, my uncle lived in germany with his wife and 2 sons on base and it worked out well. They grew up learning english and everything.. they do have goofy accents and it was a shock coming to the US when his term was over.. but they are oka. Also, a friend grew up on different bases and when I have met her now, she speaks fine, her education just wasn't as great. You may need someone to stay with the kids on base a lot if you are both in tye airforce. I appreciate the both of you joining that lifestyle.

As a married person with children and a husband active duty then you will NOT be enlisting into any branch.............the most you can do is reserves...............and then your family plan needs to be really REALLY good.

You would need an excellent child care plan in the event that you and your husband would be deployed at the same time. Family readiness is crucial..