Jonny
Jonny asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

In my position what will be the best way to get into shape?

I'm interested in enlisting in the Marine Corps. I would like to meet the requirements by weight and height. Currently I'm around 230 to 240 and I would like to lose a lot of weight to meet the requirements.

To be honest I know I would be around 5'10 or a little taller. I do not know the exact numbers.

Favorite Answer

Eat less with fruits and veggies. Protein. only drink water.

no candy, sweets.

jog/run everyday for 30 minutes.

lift weights 20 minutes.

50 crunches

Are you male?

if so. youd want to maintain strength and endurance for obvious reasons but not lose too much muscle but have enough to carry you.

If it is fat to burn then you need to maintain a strength routine with weights 3 times a week and cardio in between and split routines on the same day

for example

weights in morning, 8 to 10 reps main compound exersises such as

military presses

bench presses

squats

barbell curls

evening cardio of light jogging, aerobics and dance aerobics 30 minutes. dont laugh at dance, it is what gets your heart rate up which counts not what you do. slow walking wont cut it!

on your rest days 40 minutes cardio similar

diet should consist of a healthy portion of carbs and protein , stay away from fried food, sugary snacks, fizzy drinks.

lean meats, salads, vegetables, water or green tea fine no coffee coke or juices

eat smaller meals and nothing close to bed time of say like 4 hours.

cheers

• J

How tall are you? Modify your diet and start a brisk walking routine, walk 3 to 4 miles a day.

Drink ALOT of water. Do not eat cakes, candy, ice cream. Once you get to a weight where you will feel ok running/jogging, begin that. jogging can melt fat very fast, plus, the Marines run 3 miles for their test. Start going push-ups, pull ups (as many as you are able) and sit-ups. Stick to the routine, don't give up if it hurts. Start a weight lifting routine, join the gym. Good luck!

Source(s): Veteran

Im telling you right now to get the Insanity workout. If you want to get ready for the Marine Corps than do te Insanity workout. It is Insane.

Go here: http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/...

Remember me for this :D

Eat less and exercise.......