Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 9 years ago

!!Help need a PRO computer Tech!!?

I have a computer (PC) that broke down months ago due to (No signal input/output) meaning the PC will not connect to the screen( I use VGA cable) I try to see whats the problem and found out that its not my VGA cable or my screen it was my video card that I was connecting to just won't connect. So idk what to do then after months of searching I finally found something odd. There was this thing on the back of my computer that Noted *Do Not Remove* but I unscrew it and found a mysterious VGA port! Wow I was so happy then. But when I open the computer without the video card because I removed it and patch all my online games(MMORPG) I play two they both gave me errors. And I ran both game perfectly b4 the VGA on the video card decided to no connect. I know it was not my Direct X either because both runs on Direct X 9.0c. I tried to update my graphic card with my provider nVidia but no offers of updates. And it also seems like the "2nd" VGA port that I had found wont connect when I have my video card planted in the PC (odd). When i try to view properties by right clicking the desktop>properties>resolution screen>advance settings> to check out my Adapter Type but none was there to be shown(Chip type,bios and all that).

PLEASE HELP ME!

This is my DxDiag in case you need it and PLEASE ask me for any info that might help you

Link to me DxDiag: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?...

Forgot to say that, that PC runs perfect with seemingly everything, but not (MMORPG) only flashgames

Derek can u explain this part--- ''I would enter BIOS when you start your comp, make sure the computer boots to the add on video card and boot to your operating system. Check your screen resolution. Try to change the resolution and then open the program.''

Where to go to enter BIOS? and i cant boot with my video card it wont connect,but ill try to resolution thing

Favorite Answer

1. when you plug in an add on video card, it automatically disables the on board graphics. that's why the extra vga port you found stops working when you plug in the dead video card.

2. the reason your games dont work, is the video drivers for your on board graphics are not installed. you'll need to go the the manufacturer web site for your computer and download the on board video drivers. just do a search on their site for your model of computer. there should be a download section.(look for vga drivers)

3. on board graphics are notoriously under powered ie bad for games. if you can afford it i'd take the bad video card to a computer store and tell them you need one that has the same kind of plug in to the mother board. depending on the age of your computer it'll be either agp or pci express. new video cards can range from $50 - $60 u.s. to $800 or more. but honestly anything will be better than what the on board graphics can do.

I would say that something was changed in BIOS in regards to your GFX card. There should be an option to use the built-in or integrated graphic card on your MB (probably that do not remove cover one)

I would enter BIOS when you start your comp, make sure the computer boots to the add on video card and boot to your operating system. Check your screen resolution. Try to change the resolution and then open the program.

I hope that helps. Please let us know how it went and if we helped.