Should I keep taking a foreign language?

I'm a freshman in high school and I'm currently finishing my first year of Spanish and I hate it. I don't need any years of a foreign language to graduate so I was thinking of learning a language my school doesn't offer at home but I'm worried about college. So basically I'm asking if you think colleges would be ok with me learning a foreign language out side of school despite their minimum language requirements?

Favorite Answer

Depending on the program, colleges tend to like to see at least two or three years of foreign language classes taken in high school. If you just try to learn a foreign language as an extracurricular activity, it won't exactly be obvious from your transcript and you obviously won't have the credits for it.

Are there any other foreign language classes in your high school that you might think you'd like? If not, you either have the option of bearing through another year of Spanish, or risk not meeting the requirements of a school you want to go to.

Most principal universities require 4 semesters of a overseas language as a commencement requirement. Four years of prime tuition is a suitable replacement. At SOME universities unique fields of research (like Engineering) don't require a overseas language on account that the direction load may be very difficult and time drinking; however the fundamentals of a residing overseas language is also required for: - A graduate measure - Other fields of research (adding Physics, Chemistry, Life Science) if making a decision to difference your principal - A truly process whilst you graduate Music won't get ready you for a task until you're going right into a tune profession.

Listen. You hate it? Suck it up. Do you know how much COMPETITION there is in the world now? I studied Arabic, Farsi and French by myself mostly and with high school and I'm far off of everyone else. Take up a language because knowing one language....and that's it, is PATHETIC.