How do I move on from being physically hurt?

Today my husband and I were arguing as we walked down the street. He got very angry, grabbed me and pushed me against a brick wall. It was painful and frightening. My back and neck hurt now. He says he is very sorry and didn't mean to hurt me. I believe him but I'm not sure how I can move past this. I know this isn't a big deal but I feel very alone right now.

I am 22 and have been married for 1 yr. This is the first time I've actually been hurt. Usually I just get pinned to the ground until I decide to talk.

Favorite Answer

Not a big deal???? This is a HUGE deal! Do not down play this. We as men do tend to lose our temper but there is no reason, ever, for a man to touch a woman in anger. Let me say that again, NO reason for a man to touch a woman in anger. Real men do not do this. Let me give you an example. My ex wife told me back in Oct that we were Thur and she wanted a divorce. I did not move out until the day of our divorce date in January. On Christmas morning we got into an argument. She punched me in the mouth. I'm talking a knee buckling, almost knocked me down kind of punch. You know what I did? I wiped the blood from my lip and from the floor, packed up the kids and left for the day. Did not raise my voice to her let alone my hand. If a man ever felt justified to hit a woman, it was then. But the thought NEVER crossed my mind. It does not take a big man to hit up on a woman. No excuse for this. Not sure how long u have been married or how old you are, but the abuse could get worse. Do not over look this!

He is lying, he didnt have an epileptic fit and knock you over by accident!...He did it delibrately, FULLY CONCIOUS that he was hurting you, he wanted to hurt you, and scare you, so he could win the argument. He will not change, he will get worse.I know because i have been in exactly your situation.Please dont end up being on of those women who get killed by their partner or husband? lDo you have any family nearby, Dad or Brothers, probabably not , as i doubt he would behave like this if you did! ( i was told that i would not have had this happen if i had)

This IS a big deal, please RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN.

This is a very big deal. You need to either make your husband help or leave him. This behavior is just going to escalate and things will get worse.

• Ana

For me it would be a big deal. I cant say divorce him over this, but if this happens again, start considering it.

Abuse starts usually like 'no big deal'... 'he pushed me a bit'... 'he slapped me little' etc, and with time and you forgiving it all over again, it only gets worse.

You'll live.