?
Lv 6

You'd think after 1000 years humans would be fighting with something a little more high-tech than an M-16?

Apparently not halo 4

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Our imagination is always ahead of coming up with the real thing. Consider the tricorder from Star Trek. We were barely beyond the transistor when Roddenberry came up with the idea (he wasn't the originator, just the one that gets the recognition) and now we have devices that are the same size which can take x-rays and multiple other functions. And when it comes to killing fellow humans we've demonstrated phenomenal skill at improving that art. I cannot see infantry sized beam weapons any time soon. Not because we cannot build them but because of the power requirements. They would be one shot and done (I'll include rail guns for the same reason). Platforms with dedicated power supplies are a different matter and they have already successfully field tested both kinds of weapons.

The issues with Gundam type of robot are many including solving the biped balance/walking problem, the aforementioned power problem and many others. But most important is that we have found that wars are fought with large weapons but won by the individual soldier. That's why the future is likely to include powered style suits and unless we discover a better power source they will be unpowered and more like an exoskeleton than a suit.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

how about small nucelear wepons ... like a 10 megaton?... should have been in the army when I went through Basic training... M-14.. and talk about HEAVY!!! and they were a POS cause if you got ANY sand in them ... well they just didn't work ... sure was glad when I finished Basic because then they issued us the bran new m - 16s and those ... well you know bout m-16s

Source(s): loving ownership of the AR 15 auto-semi auto ( which is the prefered wepon of choice of the army now ... light weight , durable and easy to clean load & fire)
  • 9 years ago

If you think about it, humans have only been around for about 100,000 years. Look how far we've been compared to dinosaurs, who were around for 46 million years.

• 9 years ago

no offense to you believers, but I honestly think religion really affected advancements in technology.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

yes, gundams

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.