Kelly asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

Possible ADD or ADHD?

I'm a 16 year old girl, and I absolutely CANNOT sit still. I bounce my leg when sitting, or do something to keep myself moving, which isn't much of a problem...

But after sitting in one spot for about 45 minutes-1 hour, I start to get extremely angry.

When I was a child I had pretty bad anger issues, and haven't had any of that anger come back lately... except when I sit for a while.

EXAMPLES:

When I got both of my tattoos, they took about 1 hour each and by the end of them, I was ready to punch someone in the face.

My dad took me to this meditation thing he does every week, and I was required to sit in a chair for about 2 hours. I left halfway through it because my anger overcame me.

I'm not sure what's wrong with me, any ideas?

Favorite Answer

Dear Kelly,

It's very possible that you might have ADD. It's also possible that you have symptoms of anxiety. ADD is a neurological condition marked by impulsivity and distractability. ADHD individuals also exhibit symptoms of hyperactivity, i.e. difficulty sitting or focusing for long periods of time, excessive talking and restlessness. However, these could also be symptoms of anxiety, as well. Feel free to give us a call at the Hotline and talk about this further.

If your symptoms are interfering with major areas of your life, then you should probably follow-up with a therapist who has a lot of experience in working with teens who manifest your concerns.

RR

Source(s): Boystown Hotline 1-800-448-3000 YourLifeYourVoice.org

Undiagnosed ADHD (ADHD is a time period used to describe both upload and ADHD now) may reason multitudes of complications for someone later in life those can include, low self-worth, drug abuse and alchoholism (typically as subcontious tries to self medicate, and human beings with adhd do have addictive personalities, that means that they get hooked on issues a lot less annoying than maximum) and assorted different risks as effect of impulsive behaviour the commonly also comes with adhd.... I easily have also heard of situations from human beings on the internet who had undiagnosed adhd that did worsen over age because they compelled themselves to concentration

You are just like me, I can't stop moving - I hate sitting still but this doesn't reach the criteria for ADD/ADHD. Professionals will asses you with legitimate tools (so don't do those tests online) and sometimes will give an MRI and inspecting the thickness of your frontal lobe (located in the cortex).