Is it a good idea to add someone on Facebook if I've only talked to them twice in real life?

There is this guy I see in PE class. I talked to him twice in hopes of befriending him. I later found him on Facebook (I know his name because I saw him sign out at the end of class). I am afraid he will reject my request because we are essentially strangers and we don't know each other well enough in real life. But he has about 730 friends and it is possible that he knows only a small fraction of them well, but I don't wanna assume. I'm also scared I will never see him again.

Favorite Answer

Why not? Worth a shot. You gotta start somewhere. Besides, as you said, he probably does add people he barely knows in real life. There's no way anyone can have 730 friends in real life.

It's neither a good idea or a bad idea. It's not a big deal to us guys. Either add us or don't. Most people don't know the people they friend on fb, that's the whole point of a social network.

Add him. A lot of people add anyone. And If he doesn't do that, youve talked before. He will probably add you :)

If he happens to reject it, oh well.

You won't be Facebook friends if he rejects it. But you won't be fb friends if you don't try either.

yes add him as a friend the worst that could happen is that he will reject and say that he does not know you and you will get banned from facebook for 1 day

add him dont matter u could get to know him better and see how things go from there the worst thing he can do is reject the friend request

Everyboy accepts peoples request on Facebook..I could be a 60 year old pedophile and he would accept it

I think its ok i have friends on facebook that ive only talk to them once in real life.

Sure why not, what' the worst that could happen? If he asks why, just say that you want to know him better? Better now than never. I would\ve done this as soon as I met him LOL

Some people add people the don't even know.

Try talking to him more often then add him