Is it a good idea to add someone on Facebook if I've only talked to them twice in real life?

There is this guy I see in PE class. I talked to him twice in hopes of befriending him. I later found him on Facebook (I know his name because I saw him sign out at the end of class). I am afraid he will reject my request because we are essentially strangers and we don't know each other well enough in real life. But he has about 730 friends and it is possible that he knows only a small fraction of them well, but I don't wanna assume. I'm also scared I will never see him again.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Why not? Worth a shot. You gotta start somewhere. Besides, as you said, he probably does add people he barely knows in real life. There's no way anyone can have 730 friends in real life.

• 9 years ago

It's neither a good idea or a bad idea. It's not a big deal to us guys. Either add us or don't. Most people don't know the people they friend on fb, that's the whole point of a social network.

• 9 years ago

Add him. A lot of people add anyone. And If he doesn't do that, youve talked before. He will probably add you :)

If he happens to reject it, oh well.

You won't be Facebook friends if he rejects it. But you won't be fb friends if you don't try either.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

yes add him as a friend the worst that could happen is that he will reject and say that he does not know you and you will get banned from facebook for 1 day

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

add him dont matter u could get to know him better and see how things go from there the worst thing he can do is reject the friend request

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Everyboy accepts peoples request on Facebook..I could be a 60 year old pedophile and he would accept it

• 9 years ago

I think its ok i have friends on facebook that ive only talk to them once in real life.

• 9 years ago

Sure why not, what' the worst that could happen? If he asks why, just say that you want to know him better? Better now than never. I would\ve done this as soon as I met him LOL

• 9 years ago

Some people add people the don't even know.

• 9 years ago

Try talking to him more often then add him

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.