I started liking a guy when I heard him play piano, and I hardly ever see him.....HELP!?

So, I like this guy, and the only reason I know him is through piano. We have the same teacher- when I was in 5th grade, he would take lessons after me, so I knew who he was. He was in 6th grade. At that time, I didn't really think much of him. But, a few fridays ago, I had a piano recital and he went on before me. This was an advanced recital, and my first one. I was super nervous for a ton of reasons. Well, he went before me, and he play Debussy's Prelude to Suite Bergamasque. It was the best interpretation of this piece I have ever heard. I have heard him play before, but this time, he was so graceful, expressive, flowing, and relaxed....it immediately calmed me down. I got lost in another world.

Well, anyways, when I got home and was taking a shower, I kept thinking aabout how good he was, and how the piece fit him so well. So I fell for him when I heard him play- I had never heard anyone play so well. We go to completely different schools. I have never talked to him at all. He is a year older than me, but that doesn't really make a difference. Usually, our teacher likes having him and I play at the same recital ( since we are her 2 favorite students or something), so I have been pushing myself harder and harder to get better, and learn my pieces so I can see him sooner ( he is a fast learner!).

So, this whole thing of hardly ever seeing him is killing me......should I tell him how I feel the next time I see him? Btw I have never had a boyfriend. Or, at my next recital I could have my friend talk him into asking me out at the end of the recital, and telling him how I feel. I heaven't been able to stop thinking about him ever since I heard him play.... What should I do?

• Favorite Answer

At the next recital, I suggest you smile and chat with him. Small talk, and maybe exchange numbers. Chat up and often until you feel comfortable expressing your feelings towards him. I've felt the same way. I've liked (and like) guys whom are invisible to my perspective, then I grow feelings for them as they are more noticed. Good luck with you. ☺

LOl its funny how i've went through the same thing too.. I was just amazed 0-0 i've never heard someone play piano so well... the first thing that i thought of was i love you <3 then i was like what was i thinking :S lol idk i just felt sparks at that right moment ... sigh

I recommend you talking to your teacher and may be she/he can kind of somehow have a lesson with both of you together lol and that way you can get to know him better?

OMG I ALWAYS LIKE GUYS I NEVER SEE! it sucks so much and all you can think about is them hahaha. dont worry if it doesnt work out you dont have much chnace of seeing him around or anything, but you should defs tell him how you felel :)