American teens: Do you wear your shoes in the house?

Whenever I'm watching movies or tv shows filmed and set in the USA they never take off their shoes -_- But when I watch one set in the uk or Canada they do.

So, do you wear shoes in the house?

Update:

Why? It just makes the floors more dirty and unsanitary. What if you step in dog poop?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Barbie
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, I never wear it at home.

• 9 years ago

I actually never wear shoes inside haha unless I'm at school! I don't think I've actually worn shoes inside before except a few times when I was little...

I walk around outside without shoes to. I just don't like wearing shoes all the time haha unfortunately my feet are like paws now but at least it doesn't hurt to walk outside anymore :)

• 9 years ago

I don't take off my shoes the second I walk into the house but I hate wearing shoes so I take them off once I'm getting comfortable.

• 9 years ago

No, for the exact reason you stated.

Although I'm sure the fact that my mother, who enforced that rule, is not from America makes a difference. I have noticed that a lot of Americans walk around their house with their shoes on.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Yes, but not for long periods of time. I don't purposely step in dog crap and then walk into my house withmy shoes on. It's not that unsanitary, it's just shoes.

• 4 years ago

Gender: woman age: 15 united states of america: England foodstuff: Vegetable Curry drink: Milkshake television programmes: Vampire Diaries, Waterloo street music: i like abit of each and every little thing; Pop, Dance, Rock, united states of america...i'm not fussy with music, as long because it had a reliable beat then that is reliable! artist: God maximum of! Westlife, The Kixx, Coldplay, One course, Foo warring parties, All Time Low, music or lyrics: Iris - Goo Goo Dolls chocolates or biscuits: Biscuits horse or canines: Argg i like them the two, yet Horse pig or sheep: Pig pets: 17 Horses, 7 canines, 2 Ferrets, 3 Cats, 4 rabbits, a Parrot, 2 Pythons & some fish siblings: 8 Brothers & 2 sisters destiny profession(you like): Marine Biologist do you like college: i like the social fringe of it, the tutorial?... not lots do you get reliable grades: If I paintings annoying i will are you single: Yup popular part of positioned on: comfortable Leggings and a jumper pastimes: Horse driving, Diving, parent Skating, Dance style of domicile, bungalow, condominium etc you reside in: that's a switched over Farm domicile/great Cottage do you like living there: Yeah that is incredible are you pleased with your physique: now and back i think of i glance incredible then different cases i don't narrow, undemanding or obese: narrow yet not stick skinny hair shade: Blonde eye shade: Bluey/green shoe length: 6 clothing length(dont could desire to however): 6 backside & 10 top (uk sizes) coiffure: organic that is curly, It involves purely above waist length then I honestly have a sweeping component fringe race: White faith: i don't shop on with one popular difficulty: Biology do you fancy everyone: particular:3 heels or apartments: Heels running shoes or heels: Heels sing or dance: Dance posh or trashy: Posh? could you particularly stay in a city, nation-state, village, city etc? in the nation-state yet not remoted from society one actuality approximately your self: i'm a Vegetarian :)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

i dont wear my shoes in my house because my mom will be mad that im bringing dirt into the house and if i step in dog poop then it gets everywhere and its a big mess. the only shoe i sometimes wear is my slippers but that like if im sleeping over someones house.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Nope. As soon as I walk in the house my stepmom makes sure we take our shoes of. She doesn't like dirty floors.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No, I hate wearing shoes. I only wear shoes if I am going somewhere.

BTW- most American prefer to have people take off their shoes when entering their home.

• 9 years ago

Usually. It was the way I was raised, just to leave them on. Makes more since to take them off, I know. I try to take them off when I come inside, but I usually forget. Force of habit, I guess.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yeah, but not for long.

I always end up kicking them off at some point, then I can't find them when I need them.

Lol

:p

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.