How do I activate my Verizon phone?

I broke my iphone and a friend let me barrow a blackberry curve. While using *228 to activate it, a message popped up that said my phone was under insurance and activating it would use it up. i planned on going to verizon tomorrow to use my insurance on a replacement iphone..

So... What do i do?

Favorite Answer

by putting a CE (customer provided) equipment on your line, it will drop the insurance because the phone that is insured will be taken off. If you want to file a claim with your insurance to get a new phone, call asurion @ 1-888-881-2622. but you'll need to have the following info

MEID of broken phone

the model of the phone

the date of purchase

the date of the incident that broke the phone

and a method of payment for the deductible that is due at the time of the claim by electronic check or credit/debit card.

since its an iphone depending on WHICH model iphone you have the deductible can vary but if you have a iphone 4 16 or 32 GB the deductible is $169.99.

you can also go to phoneclaim.com to file your claim.

Source(s): Verizon Wireless Customer Service Rep

2

Source(s): 100% Free Cell Phone - http://freecellphones.iukiy.com/?kNDC

No, do not activate that phone or you will lose your insurance. WAIT and go tomorrow to VZ store.