Jess asked in SportsBasketball · 9 years ago

Can the Bulls still win the championship?

I know Derrick Rose tore his ACL and is done for the season but for some crazy reason I still think they could win it. They're the best defensive team, best rebounding team, and they have a great offense even without Derrick Rose. I know it'd have to be a huge grind but I feel like they're the most passionate about winning the championship than any team in the league. Thoughts?

• Chorus
    Favorite Answer

Extremely difficult to, or even win the East.

No-one is within their right to start acting like a fortune-teller though.

The good things is defense keeps them in games so they don't necessarily need an explosive offense to keep things close. Even without Rose they hung with Miami in Miami virtually all game and beat them in Chicago.

They can definitely still get to the ECF though the Finals is a stretch now (though still not absolutely impossible). Even the second round just got a lot harder for them (also still not impossible). They've proven they can beat quality teams consistently even without Rose. It's a team sport and the Bulls are a quality team.

Can they win? Sure they can. Everyone says they're done without Rose, but they've played a lot of games without Rose this season and did well enough without him, and even beat the Heat without him. Its obviously not going to be easy, and they're no longer considered one of the favorites to win, but they'll still beat the 76ers, and past that, I'd say they have a chance.

Unfortunately, Miami, Indiana, and even Boston will be too much for the Bulls. They did well without Rose in the regular season, but they need a true star to carry them in the Playoffs.

• ?

If Watson, Lucas, and Mike James could contribute enough, yeah they could still go all the way.

They won twice against the Celtics without Rose & twice against the Heat.

There sure can!

Im a loyal bulls fan and I believe they can do it!

They kept the number one spot without rose so I know they can win in the playoffs without him!

I hope he gets better for next year!

GO BULLS 2012 Champs!

• No. Rose was the total provider for the Bulls

Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe the beat the Heat without rose a couple times this year.

They have a slim chance now without rose

It would be real tough and I see alot of possibilities of it happening with the best defense and a few very good backups like watson and lucas but I just cant see it happening without him they need that clutch leader and they just.dont have as a bulls fan I hate to say its over and I guess am just gonna enjoy seeing them get as far as possible...I HOPE IM WRONG THOUGH

• DUDE ?

Considering that they loss to Miami last year WITH ROSE in FIVE GAME , I never taught Chicago have a chance .