HELP PLEASE!!!!! 10points best answers?

I have an idea for a book but I need some help from creative minds on a couple ideas.

Basically the setting of the story takes place in medieval times but in a world were people can manipulate the elements wind water earth and fire. But I don't know what to call it. For example someone who could manipulate fire would be called 'a fire.....?' I don't want to say fire manipulator. And controlling elements is called manipulation, it sounds lame. I don't want to copy any of the stories about this that's already been out there. So please don't say controlling elements is called bending or fire bending. I don't want to steal, but help wouldn't hurt. Please guys I'm coming up blank, any little thing helps.... 10 points for best answer. Any ideas?...

I am well aware that it sounds like avatar (my little brothers n sister were in love with it) but you haven't heard the the actual plot, trust me the plot for my novel is extremely different from avatar. It does have the same roots you could say with the whole element manipulating thing but I'm not worried because the plot is so different. I just don't want to call it bending because that would be from the actual tv show. So yeah, what showed I call these abilities?

Favorite Answer

an earth

mage

conducter

conduit

channeler

custodiun

keeper

steward

they might

channel

conduct

form

mold

shape

wield

work

compel

guide

invoke

conjure

call forth

summon

the element

I'm sorry for saying this, but you're story already sounds like it comes from avatar. Even though you don't say bending, you're basically doing the same plot that has been overused millions of times in the past.

"Fire Wielder", perhaps? I believe I've written a story like this before, but it's completely different from nations and things like that. You're going to have to do a really good job if you want yours to be different.

• Lex

I would probably utlize the suffix "mancy" which indicates a magic craft. The Suffix -mancy adds an er for a practioner. For example a necromancy is the craft of raising the dead. And a practioner drops the "y" and adds an "er". i.e Necromancer is a practioner of necromancy

Aquamancy (Water; Or you could alternatively use Hydromancy but they probably don't actually know that water consists of Hydrogen and Oxygen,

Pyromancy (Fire)

Firmamancy (Air; Comes from Firmament which is in the King James Bible to describe the sky.)

Geardmancy (Earth, Geard is the Anglo Saxon term for Earth.)

Source(s): If you want to use these fine. But under the condition you name me a character in your story after me. Preferably a yippy dog. Which the only acceptable way to die is it being run over by a carriage. Jk

You might read "The Masters and Their Retreats," Mark Prophet, for some descriptions of elementals. By that background, you could come up with some phrases better than

a fire engine

a wind fan

a water squirt and

an earth mover ;)

Here's an idea. Use Latin or Greek prefixes and suffixes, or any other language you prefer, and combine them. Or find out what languages and phrases were Medieval English derived from.

Fire...crafter? or you could relate the name of it to a the special talent that they hold. like people who use fire could be called fire breathers and people who use water could be called the Luna, after the moon and the pull it has on water?

Source(s): My brain

The inner mechanations of my mind are an enigma

Shaping, twisting, shifting, or you could make up your own word.