Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 9 years ago

Extra Credit??????????! ?

Half if them don't make any sence so just do the best u can lol. Thanks y'all

1. I left my campsite and hiked south for 3 miles turned east an hiked for 3 miles turned north and hiked for 3 miles at which time I came upon a bear inside my tent eating my food. What color was the bear?

2. A man lives on the 15th floor of an apartment building. Every morning he takes the elevator down to the lobby and leaves the building. In the evening he gets into the elevator and if there is someone else in the elevator or if it was raining he goes back to his floor directly. Other wise he goes to the tenth floor and walks up five flights of stairs to his apartment.

3. A large wooden box was built with one door the door was locked from the inside and then nailed shut from the inside the police break into the room in the middle of the room there was a dead man hanging from the ceiling his feet are 3 feet off the ground the only other thing in the room is a hammer laying in a puddle of water can you explain what happened?

4. Alex wants to go home but can't because the man in the mask is waiting for him.

5. Your sock drawer contains 24 white socks and 30 black socks how many soks must you grap to ensure to have atleast on matching pair.

6. You work at a cookie factory and need to make a huge batch of chocolate chip cookies the recipe calls for exactly 4 cups of suger problem is that you only have two buckets one id 5 cups the other is 3 cups using these buckets can u measure exactly 4 cups of sugar? How?

7. A man is the owner of a winery who recently passed away in his will he left 21 barrels (7 are filled with wine, 7 are half full and 7 are empty) to his 3 sons however the wine and barrels must be split so that each son has the same number os empty barrels. Note that there are no measuring devices handy how can the barrels and wine be evenly divided?

Favorite Answer

1. By going 3 south, 3 east, and 3 north, you are 3 west of your campsite.

2. He's too short to reach the 15th button on the elevator. If others are there, he asks them to hit the button for him. If it's raining, he has his umbrella and uses that to hit the 15th floor button.

3. The man stands on a block of ice, hangs himself, and the ice melts into the puddle.

4. He's in a game of baseball, heading to home plate.

5. 3 socks. The first could be white, the second black, but the third must be either white or black, giving you a pair.

6. Fill the 5, fill the 3 with the 5 (2 left in the 5), empty the 3, put the 2 in the 5 into the 3, fill the 5, empty 1 in the 5 to fill the 3. 4 is left in the 5.

7. Two sons get 3 full and 1 half and 3 empty, the third gets 1 full and 5 half and 1 empty.

• CM

these are logic problems and philosophy type puzzles. I think they are fun. Some of them them I knew from my past. I looked up a couple others. Here are your answers:

1. The bear is white. Only at the North Pole can the conditions of the above puzzle be satisfied.

2. The man is a midget and cannot reach the 15th floor button.

3. The man stood on an ice cube to hang himself and it melted explaining the water on the floor.

4. Alex is playing baseball and the masked man is the catcher.

5. Three. In the worst case, the first two socks you take out will consist of one black sock and one white sock. The next sock you take out is guaranteed to match one or the other.

6. From the Sugar container ..... fill the 5 cup

A. From the 5 cup .... fill the 3 cup (Two cups remain in the 5)

B. Empty the 3 into the sugar container

C. From the 5 cup ..... fill the 3. (The 3 now has two in it)

D. From the Sugar container ..... fill the 5 cup

E. From the 5 cup .... top up the 3 cup

F. Four cups remain in the 5.

Make the cookies

7. Two half-full barrels are dumped into one of the empty barrels. Two more half-full barrels are dumped into another one of the empty barrels. This results in nine full barrels, three half-full barrels, and nine empty barrels. Each son gets three full barrels, one half-full barrel, and three empty barrels.

Do I get extra credit too? :~)

If you want to double check the answers, they are all here:

http://worksheets.theteacherscorner.net/make-your-...

1. You are not at your campsite; you are 3 miles east of your campsite.

2. I don't know this one.

3. The man stood on a large piece of ice, which melted, thus hanging him. I'm not sure where the box and hammer come in.

4. Baseball game.

5. 4 socks.

6. Fill the 5 cup bucket. Fill the 3 cup bucket from the 5 cup bucket. The 5 cup bucket will now have 2 cups of sugar in it. Empty it into your container (that you are making the cookies in). Repeat this process. You will now have 4 cups of sugar in your container.

7. I don't know.

1. Brown bear

3.The guy hit himself with a hammer so he pissed himself while hanging himself.

5. Easiest question. It's 3.

7.If you fill each empty barrel with half of the wine from the full bearrrels you will have 21 half full barrels. Give 7 half full barrels to each kid. 21 divided by 3= 7 barrels to each kid.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!