Charles asked in PetsCats · 9 years ago

Help! My pregnant cat got into raw fish! Will she and her babies be okay?

My dad and I were flaying fish and my pregnant cat got into the raw fish carcasses! I heard when cats eat raw fish they can have a vitamin B deficciency.

Will she be okay, and will her kittens survive? I think she might be 1-2 months pregnant, but I dont know... Im just guessing. Someone please help! Thank you!

Favorite Answer

I'm sure she and the babies will be fine. We feed our cats table scraps all the time, regardless of whether they're pregnant or not, and they're always fine. If it really bothers you, just keep an eye on her so she doesn't get into anything else.

Source(s): Personal experience
  • Laurie

Don't worry, she will be fine, just don't continue to leave food out where she can get it. She will need more to eat being pregnant. Make sure that you are feeding her a healthy cat food of canned and dry food with fresh water available. It is quite a difference if a cat is one or two months pregnant since the gestation period in nine weeks. If her stomach fullness is more toward the back of the stomach then she is further along. Make her a bed in the back of the closet where she feels safe and secure. When the time of delivery comes she will go there if she is shown the spot and is comfortable.

• Babsy

Just this one incident mom and babies should be fine, just think of all the things stray momma cats get into and things turn out okay.

Source(s): Work in vet hospital

Give her some chocolate or raw eggs or something