Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 9 years ago

Where is the hot water heater in a 2012 mobile home ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

In most mobile homes the hot water tank is located close to the main bathtub/ shower. Look for an access panel with screws or a door where there is not a room. This panel could be in the bathroom, or on the opposite side of a bathroom wall ( in the living room, bedroom, inside a closet or only accessible from outside. The only other place it may be. which is not likely on a 2012 mobile home, would be in the cabinetry under the kitchen sink, Look for an area that looks like wasted space, such as a boxed in section at the end of the bathtub that is big enough to be a closet, but is not a closet. That is where you will find the hot water tank.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

If your only going with a small 20 gallon water heater you should have little trouble The main difference between water heaters is the inlet on the tank. And some are just ever so slightly thinner to account for the tight space in mobile homes and the doors. If you use a standerd water heater make sure you install the short piece of pip before putting it all the way back into place or you will have to pull it back out. Then connect the plumbing to your original. I suggest if you do not have a shut off valve to install that at the same time. Keep in mind in the future that most water heaters by code require 10awg wire. Not sure for your short 20gal. Last one I put in was 110 volts.

• 9 years ago

Generally the water heater is in the master bedroom's closet on the left or right side(I know, it's kind of an odd place for it.). The 2nd place would be outside somewhere, just look for a out of place panel with a assortment of hex head screws(most of the time 1/4" head.) bordering around the panel.

Source(s): My sources include all 4 mobile home I've lived in.
  • Dave
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

USA Some new homes have a room adjacent to the closet of the master bedroom. You have to take a panel off the wall in the closet to access the room. Other mfrs place it in a closet. Check the owner's manual for the home.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Steven
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

If the water is hot why do you need a heater. I had to ask. It's one of those things like fingernails on a chalk board to me. LOL

It will be where ever it is.

Source(s): Do my own plumbing and work on water heaters. Never needed a hot water heater. LOL Registered smart a??
  • Greg D
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

usually in a closet with the furnace.

• 9 years ago

out side.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.