My boyfriend babies me too much?

I love that he does nice things for me but sometimes I wish he will take charge. Like sometimes I cut myself (don't judge please just when I'm overwhelmed) and he sees he's like it's ok don't worry. I want him to yell at me and be like don't do it again or I'll blah blah blah. I feel like i can do whatever I want and he's just like ok. I want him to take charge instead of babying me about stuff. Like if I overreact he will buy me flowers to make me better even if I am wrong. Any ideas how I can make him be in charge cause I don't like being in charge all the time

Favorite Answer

Just tell him! My best friend actually has this problem with her boyfriend too. One day when they were arguing, she just told him flat out that he needs to be more confident in himself. The only reason he's so gentle towards you is because he cares. Don't make him feel bad about it, but just let him know that you want him to feel more comfortable in expressing how he really feels! Hopefully that will help you. Communication is the key to healthy relationships. :) Good luck!

You can't really change him. He seems like a huge pacifist. So even if you directly told him to take charge he wouldn't necessarily do it. Its the type of person he is.

Tell him.

And don't cut yourself, there are other ways to relieve stress (if that's really why you do it). If you cut for attention from your boyfriend or anybody else just stop. It's very unhealthy and people will think negatively about you.

Sounds Asian.....

Sometimes, talking to him about it directly should be a good way out.