?
? asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Working out: Should I listen to my brother?

I have been going to the gym for the past 11 months. I started at 180 lbs., 5'10, and I was 15. Now, I weigh 137.2 lbs., I'm still 5'10 and I'm 16. I feel like I might be getting a little too thin, but my brother says that I need to get to 8% body fat before I start "bulking up". I think my body fat percentage is around 13 or 14%, but the body fat percentage devices at the gym are very inaccurate, so I'm not too sure. Anyway, should I listen to my brother and continue losing weight? Or should I start eating more?

I lost a lot of fat. When I joined the gym, the device said my body fat percentage was 30%. Now, it ranges between 10.5-13.5%, I just took the larger number. Like I said, the device is probably really inaccurate.

• M M
    Favorite Answer

No one NEEDs to get to 8% body fat. The idea of bulking and cutting is a real plain in the butt and frustrating. Go to jdcav24 you tube channel and type in lunch in the search bar. Watch all the nutrition videos he has and LISTEN to him. You can get a real good idea how you can eat alot, gain muscle and still lose fat. If you are still at 13-14% body fat and lost damn near 50 lbs, well over 40, that means you have lost a TON of muscle, or didnt have much to begin with.

Lift to gain muscle, eat clean and eat enough, get some cardio in and you will be much better off.

So eat more, just eat clean and dont listen to your brother. You werent over weight to begin with.

Source(s): Been there, done that.

You can start bulking up any time. Just begin doing work outs that help you gain muscle.

And congrats on losing 42 pounds!

• S

listen to your brother and continue losing weight. nothing good about body fat.

Dude your borderline underweight, eat more!

no. problem, you can solve your problems very easily, just visit and clear your concept.

http://2tu.us/59jj

thank you.

nani