Do people of the Mormon faith see themselves as being Christians?

Personally, I love Mormons. Some of my friends are Mormon. I think they're Christians as well because they believe in Jesus just like the Christians do

Favorite Answer

Yes, we consider ourselves christan. The Lord is our Savoir and the head of, the church we, belong to. We understand if people don't consider us to be christians but tje important thing is that we don't lose our faith.

Source(s): I'm.a mormon

The official name of the denomination is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Virtually every aspect of our religious beliefs are built around the divine nature of Jesus Christ, the Son of God and Savior of all mankind. Everything we do in the Church is done in his (Jesus Christ's) holy name.

Yes, we are Christian.

A study conducted about forty to fifty years ago by the University of Washington (in Seattle) in comparative religion showed that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints followed more of the teachings and practices found in the New Testament than any other Christian denomination included in the study. The Mormons came in at about 96 percent in following the New Testament teachings and practices (which include those taught by Jesus) while the next closest denomination was below 80 percent. (The study and newspaper reports about the study are not online.)

The response, according to the study, would be that the Mormons more closely follow Biblical Christianity than any other denomination.

Mormons consider the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to be the church of Jesus Christ, set up by Jesus and directed by revelation to living apostles from Jesus. Mormons consider the church to be basically the same as the ancient Christian church, only in a different time with a somewhat different mission.

I think so...

...but I think they'll tell you they're Mormon in the same way one might say they are Evangelical or a Baptist (granted, Mormonism is NOT Christianity).

I think many Mormons, belonging to a cult, do not wholly understand why their religion was invented. Joseph Smith 'believed' or said that the present day Christianity was apostate.

Yes, they do see themselves as being Christians.

Some other Christians disagree, what with the third testament and all that.

• Ammon

THE Church Of JESUS CHRIST Of Latter Day Saints is Jesus Christ's holy and righteous Church, because it was started by Jesus Christ Himself.

The more a person keeps the commandments of Jesus Christ the more of a Christian they are.

Christian is as Christian does.

Members of THE Church Of JESUS CHRIST Of Latter Day Saints profess their true belief in Jesus Christ by being married in a Temple of Jesus Christ for time and all eternity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptu5TCmyvt8

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CajagruS0h8

Youtube thumbnail

http://mormon.org/ Chat.

God bless.

The Lord will try this people in all things, as he tried Abraham of old, to prove whether they will forsake him, or cling to the faith of the Holy Gospel. I have been in this Kingdom almost from the beginning; and I have not yet seen anything I would call a trial, that I could not willingly and joyfully endure; for, "blessed is the man that endureth temptation; for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to them that love him: The Lord has thrown his people on several occasions, into circumstances of destitution and dependence, to try the leaders of the nation, and has thus said unto them, what will you now do for my poor and afflicted people; and their reply has been, "We will destroy them, if we can." They think they will destroy us yet. In this, however, they are mistaken, "for God hath not appointed us to wrath,

• Hannah

Yes.

only within the last 20 or 30 years when they decided to go mainstream,

It does not matter what we see ourselves as. It matters tremendously what JESUS CHRIST sees us as.

Source(s): LDS CHRISTIAN