What is up with my voice range?

I am a 14 year old girl with a vocal range of F3-C6. Is this a good range? Does this mean I am a mezzo-soprano or a soprano??? How do I get to higher notes?

Favorite Answer

Why do you want to get higher? I am C3 to C2.

According to a chart I have your range covers soprano, mezzo soprano and contralto.

Below is a quote from an answer to another question which you may find interesting.

"Vocal range itself can not determine a singer's voice type. While each voice type does have a general vocal range associated with it, human singing voices may possess vocal ranges that encompass more than one voice type or are in between the typical ranges of two voice types. Therefore, voice teachers only use vocal range as one factor in classifying a singer's voice. More important than range in voice classification is tessitura, or where the voice is most comfortable singing, and vocal timbre, or the characteristic sound of the singing voice."

Celine Deon (My middle will cross on) , Whitney Houston (I will continuously love you), Demi Lavato (Skyscraper), Mariah Carey (All I desire for christmas is you), Michael Buble, Jason Maraz, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry. Hope this relatively is helping. I love those songs and are superb for a large vocal variety