...
... asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 years ago

Is sex as much about power as it is about touch/pleasure?

Why or why not?

Favorite Answer

Its only about power if you're into bondage.

Sex is about pleasure.

Making "love" is about intimacy.

OHHHH, this is soooo in my wheel house..say good bye to this one, its outta the park! lol

well, it depends on the person (s) involved in it. and waht the other likes, wants, needs, and CRAVES sexually. Some women want and need to either give up control sexually because of personal stressors, or maybe they are domineering in their day to day life (boss, CEO), and need that control taken from them in the most intimate ways.

I firmly believe that sex is abotu POWER, touch and pleasure all rolled into one. So many ways to stimulate a person, with a look, a touch, a whispered word..all foreplay, leading up to either nice soft lovemaking later on, or (my personal fav) complete ravaging, the kind where nothing is off the table. But, it all boils down to the senses used in it. while blindfolded the sense of sight is gone, so the other senses are heightened, sound, touch all go up. Everything is more intense..the slight dragging of a rose across naked flesh can be pleasure or excurciating foreplay. Depends on the want and desire of the person its happening to.

Now, some men and women like to be dominated. made or forced outside their comfort zone sexually. I'm more the dominante type, I like pushing a playmates limits, but there are rewards for good behavior as well (be creative), as well as pushing my own limits and comfort zone. now everyone has areas they aren't willing to go to, and thats completely cool and MUST be discussed before you ever hop in the rack with them..Nothing worse than wanting soft and slow and getting choked and pounded.

So, talk it out first, then let the night unfold once you've casually talked and made mental notes as to what each other like and more importantly dislike, there is nothing worse than ruining a great sexual experience with an uncomfortable opps, or legal beef. LOL

Well I enjoy "dominating" but not because of "control reasons" but because I get really turned on knowing I'm pleasuring a woman.

It's all about pleasure and emotion for me.

a touch of power is very pleasureful when correctly applied

It depends on what you mean by power.

Consider the women smaller and weaker yet with her thighs placed just right makes her stronger, with her mate loving it to much could spell death for him.

Equally how far do you go I'm sorry to say i have no vanilla for you well maybe?

• It depends on the user (ratchets eyebrows), and I suppose it's about power for some, even revenge and whatever. Not for me, though...good old affection deprived me....I like a proper cuddle and a sense of belonging....like a nice warm babe in a rug....

it can be... but doesn't have to be.

it is very gratifying to make someone feel so needful of release that they become putty in ones hands. power can add flavor to something that is fun even at its blandest.

Power and control is probably only involved in cases of rape or in cases of S&M, in my view....

Sex, like home, is what you make it.

no, what does power have to do with inserting a penis into a vagina