Ex-boyfriend on the brain. WHY?

I dated this guy for four months (I know, not a long time) .. but he's younger than I, and had a crush on me practically his whole life. So we finally got together and our chemistry was crazy... everything was just amazing and I was truly in love with him. We split up over stupid stuff and he and I have both (seemingly?) moved on except I really haven't moved on at all. Deep down I believed that the stupid stuff would pass, and we would end up back together but now it doesn't look like we will. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him- I'm not sure an hour goes by that I don't think about him. I dream about him almost every night- and I look forward to it :( ... I can't imagine feeling about anyone the way that I still feel about him. He's the only person I ever liked sharing a bed with, going everywhere with, showering with (and I don't mean any of that inappropriately..) We just never showered alone... and I would make him sit in the bathroom and talk to me while I get ready and I've always HATED and still hate when people bug me while I'm sleeping/showering/getting ready but with him, I wanted him there. Also-to be a bit inappropriate, the intimacy of our relationship just can't be matched :/ I'm a disturbingly emotionless person and he and I both cried for days when we broke up. It was legitimately the saddest break up I've ever experienced (because usually I could care less..) ... So with all that said-- Is there anyone out there who thinks you shouldn't let a love like that go? ... Or does everyone pretty much think I sound like a loser and should move on with my life.... I just miss him so much, I don't know how to forget.

Also- I do all this pathetic stuff.. like going to the store and spraying his cologne on a piece of paper and keeping it in my purse until it doesn't smell anymore.. it's been like 8 months and I haven't thrown out his body wash & shampoo... I still smell it sometimes when I'm in the shower--- crazy, obsessive & stalkerish, right? I know.... he left it here though, it's not like I broke in his house and stole it LOL.

Favorite Answer

A relationship like that sounds really important and special. And maybe u should ask him if he still feels the same way about you.