Llama asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 9 years ago

Was the Kony 2012`s "Cover the Night" on 4/20 a sucess?

Favorite Answer

The makers of the Kony 2012 video severely overestimated both the motivation and the attention span of their audience. When the video got ~100 million (or whatever) views in a few days, it was a huge story. That was when they should have done the "Cover the Night" thing (granted they had no way of knowing it would be such a quick success when they made the video and decided on a date for the poster campaign). Of course, within a few days Kony had been eclipsed by the next big story and within a week the whole thing was passe.

The general rule of thumb is that the faster a thing becomes a big deal, the shorter it lasts. It was basically a fad that tugged on the conscious of rich white kids. It's hard to keep something like that alive for a month.

I smoked a fat blunt, went to McDonalds and ordered MAD food, then picked up my girl, had some fun :), then she noticed the Kony posters on the wall outside my car, I said shut up and keep going!!!!

• Vince

April 20th is Hitler's birthday.

• Foxx

i don't think so, because most of America didn't even know what it was about.