What to do to speed up labor?

38 weeks and just wondering what can make labor come sooner

I was just wondering, I can wait since Im getting induced next week anyways I was just wondering you know Curious of what they say helps

• jlb

There really isn't anything you can do to force labor to start. Even a medical induction has a high failure rate. Sex may help to soften the cervix, but it certainly won't guarantee a start to labor. Baby will come when you body is ready and not a moment before. Your brain will have to release hormones to get things going so just be patient.

Once labor has started and you are feeling regular contractions, walking, squatting, rocking back and forth (like slow dancing) and just generally staying mobile will help keep it going and speed it up. It's also good to stay up right to let gravity pull baby down and put more pressure on your cervix.

If you're cervix has opened at all and you've began to efface, then sex, walking, castor oil, etc could possibly help but nothing is guaranteed.

If your body isn't ready, then your baby isn't gonna come. Just wait it out. You don't have much longer to go.

Source(s): 39 Weeks with #2, NO dilation or effacement and wishing the same thing!

Nothing. It's too soon. Let BABY decide when s/he will come.

Sex, squats, walking