Are Liverpool back into their race for UCL place after their "great" win yesterday........?

They are now challenging for the fourth place, aren't they?

Isn't it the same tactic to play average the whole season and show their best at the end of the season to fool fans?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Fiery
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

At least we will be in Europe next season (Carling Cup) and I have to become content at some point. I hate our league standing but considering we will already be in Europa it is ok as long as this years league performance is a fluke or the "valley" of our bad streak.

Compared to last year Carling Cup + a possible FA Cup is a great start. Maybe we can challenge for the title like we did in 2009 in another year or two. It all depends how those youngsters - Carroll, Henderson, Shelvey, Coates, and Kelly develop. Dalglish is putting a lot of faith in them.

• Ragnar
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I will do the maths for you.

Liverpool are on 49pts after 35 matches, and because there are 20 teams in the Premiership, each team has matches 38 in a season, because we can't play ourselves once, let alone twice.

So Liverpool have three games left. You get three points for a win in this league, which means Liverpool can add a maximum of 9pts to their 49pts, 49+9=58.

Newcastle are fourth and have 62pts. 59 is less than 62.

If you finish on less points than another team, then the way how the league works means that you finish below them.

What this means is that you have two hopes, Bobby Hope and No Hope.

• bayala
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i substitute into very delighted and concurrently taken aback via their win over England, yet congratulations to them! i think of that's not purely a great fulfillment for Bangladesh, yet in addition a sturdy concern for cricket and that's followers; those series appeared to be reaching to a matching, mundane one-sided victory for England, yet that disillusioned in the day ahead of this's experience has sparked activity lower back. What even provides to Bangladesh's victory's fee is they have been enjoying against a stable English unit. that's purely the subject they mandatory, going 247 days without win isn't some thing wonderful, that's tremendously demoralising, yet this win would desire to have reinforced their spirits. Trott performed properly yet he substitute into too sluggish and that i think of he took the initiative of going for an attack too previous due. England had an quite functional threat of triumphing interior the final over, however the stress ultimately overcame. What even provides to this experience is that it substitute into an quite soaking up, low-scoring activity, so as that's a develop for ODI cricket besides.

• 9 years ago

Liverpool are a team with a great history and tradition.

I really can't see them deliberately playing poorly or at best at an average level, and then suddenly finding winning form at the end of the season .... in order to lull their opponents into a false sense of security and to fool their fans.

Still, it's an interesting theory and could be used to explain why they won't be in Europe next season

Cheers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Errrm No

They can only finish will a maximum of 58 points, the same that Chelski are on now

Put anotther way they are 15 points above the relegation zone

• 9 years ago

How the **** h it possible? They can't finish fourth even if the win all the three games from now. ******* stupid person you are, do some maths homework, son.

• 9 years ago

Too little too late. They have no chance of finishing 4th. They're lucky to be in Europa, only the cup rule got them there

• Too much sarcasm for this section John!!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No chance, I'm afraid.

• 9 years ago

yeah

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.