Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

There is only flesh and bone; no spirit, no ethereal energy - we are just living meat, right?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • CaneFu
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I am agnostic and am open to all possibilities, but this one doesn't appeal to me either.

• 9 years ago

Hmmm, some mighty scientific minds running wild here ! And quantum mechanics models! I am a firm believer in the Creator and I believe science does prove it in many ways. The most important to this discussion is a scientific fact; Matter nor energy can be created or destroyed, only changed ! We as living beings are made up of matter and energy, we may not understand all of the energy part and only a little of the material part, but there it is ! The matter of course is changed by being broke down into it's base materials, what on the other hand does the energy change to ? My thought would be it must go on in some manner, thus we go on, and thus believers are vindicated in their belief. In fact, whether we call it spirt, soul, or ethereal energy, it exists and goes on! No,no we are not just meat, not by a longshot and not by the will of those who wish it otherwise !

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Your Body is Producing 249 Watts!

You'd make a fantastic battery.

•You could light up 2 light bulbs

•You could power 62 iPods

• You could power 1 Xbox 360

•4 of you would be needed to keep a refrigerator running

• 9 years ago

Well, not a moving pork chop, but similar idea. We have our awareness, our consciousness, that really hasn't been completely explained yet. Some people insist on putting a religious meaning on it. It is so unique that it has been hard for science to get a grip on it. There is a model based on quantum mechanics that seems to explain it pretty well, if you understand quantum mechanics.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I wouldn't say "just" -- I think, for instance, the meat computer I've got is pretty damn kewl. So is the ten-piece tool kit I've got attached to the ends of my arms.

But yes, you've got the gist of it.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I would say no. Even if you're an atheist, you have to admit that we are not our bodies, but rather a pattern of energy, because our bodies are constantly shedding and replacing their atoms.

• 9 years ago

We do use electrical signals for brain function, so there is some non-meat stuff going on.

• Ndio
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Right.

• 9 years ago

There is no evidence to say otherwise, but that doesn't mean that there isn't. It means we cannot draw a logical conclusion against that notion.

• 9 years ago

If that's so, Desiree, where does your passion originate? I mean why bother getting yourself all worked up over something you know absolutely doesn't matter?

• 9 years ago

Unfortunately, this is the case for most of us. I would not mind if you came alive.

Wake up sleeper; rise from the dead and Christ will shine on you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.