JV high school football help?

First of all do they cut bad players even if you make it through the training? What i want to do is play once in a while but not start because i accept the fact im not good enough to start. I go to weight training 3 days a week plus going to the gym 3 more nights. I have ok speed a 5.6 40 yard dash time.good tackling. okay covering. great upper body strength max bench is 150. Mediocre hands.I am small and avearge in height but i can gain some weight right now im 5,9 and 120 pounds all muscle i am only 5% body fat .I have a weak lower body squat 115 and deadlift 155. what position is best for me? what are good workouts for me to get bigger stronger and faster. also about 45 people will try out and i will be a sophomore.

Favorite Answer

With the small amount of guys participating I would think that you wouldn't get cut..The coach will decide your position and will probably have some recommendations as far as a workout routine to follow..Maybe you would be kept on to work with the practice squad if they have one... Good luck....

Sounds like your legs need work but thats okay whos doesnt. Lol. You probably wont want to play predominantly tackling defensive positions DL,LB etc. because leg strength in tackling is key to stopping the offense. Your a little short for safety but never say never. You sound like CB just keep working on your speed and agility. Pylometrics can boost your speed and make you a better squatter and wight lifter. Search online for a good local pylometrics video or plan. P90x has one. Classes are rare but would be preferred. On offense i could see you as a tailback or WR just keep working on your catching ability. Be confident bro. Only a year ago i was skinny, slow and couldnt lift to save my life. Only 135 lbs at 5'11". Got on practice squad but got laid out every day. I hated it. Now im 165 lbs 6'1" have above average wieght lifting numbers for the freshman team and i am as fast as some of our top players. I need to run a 40 soon and get an actual time. But now i am expected to start next year and am so excited. Just give your best on and off the field youll kick ***.

Source(s): Two years junior high-high school at stillwater high school in oklahoma. Have played C,LB,OT,NG, but predominantly play DE and TE.
  • Cu Tie

Yes, bad players can be cut, even if they make it through the training. However, this is very rare.

Personally, I do not believe that you need to gain any weight for football. Based on your height and weight, as well as your 40-yard dash time and maxes, I believe that the best fit for you is at the wide receiver position. For your age, you have the ideal size for a high school sophomore wide receiver, playing on the junior varsity team.

My best advice for you is to continue work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this offseason is to eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch wide receiver in high school football.

• Trudy

Just make sure to stay healthy because I had a full scholarship to butler county and I am 5 6 125 but last year I was 145 but I thot I was on top of the world and started using drugs and my kdneys failed so now I have lost a lot of muscle tht I have been working to regain and it is very hard and I have lost my scholarship as well so just keep working out and stay away from anything that harms your body