How much do small music venues usually local pay bands to play?

Might be getting in the business following a recent $2800 purchase of a small building (occupancy rating 340). Couldn't pass it up. I've always wanted to have a music venue. I'm trying to figure out some of the financial stuff now so does anyone know what a local punk/metal band gets for a show these days?

Really? a?

Favorite Answer

Some venues do NOT pay until they meet quota (certain number of people show up to the venue and pay). Otherwise you'd loose money. Make sure you let the band know of that if you plan on setting quota.

Some places pay anything from "covering gas for the trip to the venue and back", to possible payments according to budget: i've seen bands getting paid $400 and more depending on how long they've been around and the crowd they bring to your venue.

All about business. If they can bring enough people to your place, they deserve to get paid something.

www.facebook.com/regretsof27

Source(s): Musician/Producer www.facebook.com/regretsof27
  • Keith

I'm not knowledgeable but my guess would be between 4 and 8 hundred bucks, my nephew is a drummer and has done a lot of these kinds of venues and it seems to me that he said it was somewhere along that amount.If you have purchased the building you should go ahead and get in touch with the bands..They will tell you what they charge...I would imagine it would be negotiable for all but the busiest ones too.

a