Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 9 years ago

How can i gain weight and muscle fast?

I'm an 18 year old male, 6 feet tall exactly, and i weigh 125 pounds, its safe to say im skinny. iv spent the last 5 weeks taking in as much calories as possible, way more than it would take for me to gain weight but i haven't, and i stopped going to the gym for that time just to see if i would gain weight, I talked to my dad and he said protein and lifting heavy weights is the way to go, is he right? whats the best way i can go about this so that i start actually gaining weight and muscle the fastest way possible? Also im a natural runner, when i do go to the gym i spend about 40% of my workout on the treadmill and elliptical, should i cut down on the running since it burns calories?

Eat well, sleep well, and exercise daily.

Do:

Push ups, pull ups, curl ups, running (yep), jumping, lift weights and do everything you can do to exercise your whole body. Plus, Sleep (enough), Eat (protein filled & nutritious foods).

I think you should work out like 1-2 hours in the gym every day.

And, eating to many calorie filled food, won't exactly help, they will make you weigh more but your muscles won't come.

Hope I helped!

Bya.

Source(s): I work out (I'm a gymnast)
  • Mayur

Ur dad is right.....but it takes time to build muscles.

But if u want result more quickly.....u start to drink two glass of milk with 6 bananas daily.

& also take 199% Pure Whey protein shake. U'll definitely got good muscular body.

But it takes time.