How did you feel after your abortion?

before you start judging and saying "your killing a life" I'm only 7 weeks along and there's a reason behind why I am asking. I'm 18 years old and I was rough as a kid, I made mistakes and don't have a license and still have over a year still until I can get it back. me and my child's father are not together & we don't speak, and I am by no means financially stable to raise a baby. he wants me too keep it and claims he will support the baby but he only works at tacobell, not enough for a child. I feel this is what is best for me, I still need to get my own life in track. so how did you feel after you had your abortion?

Favorite Answer

I can't answer your question directly, because I've never had an abortion, but I did get pregnant when I was 17 and know what it's like NOT to have an abortion.

My son is now 13 and I haven't, for one minute of my life, looked at him and wished I had had an abortion. I still graduated high school, I still graduated college with honors and two degrees, I still got to go out with my friends, I still lived a good life. As a single parent, I bought a house when my son was 8 and most recently married a guy that fits in the whole "man of my dreams" category.

My son is really well adjusted and takes advanced classes at his school. I'm not saying this to brag, I'm just letting you know that the stigma of having an unplanned/ teen pregnancy is really unfounded and trite.

I also made a ton of mistakes as a teenager, too, but having my son was a huge wake up call for me. Becoming a mother can often be the motivating factor to becoming a better and stronger person.

I can't speak for everybody, but this is what it did for me. I remember being so completely devastated in the beginning of the pregnancy, initially wanting an abortion. But little did I know I would become a much more stronger, confident and motivated woman because of it.

Source(s): Life Experience

Hi Lauren,

I'm so sorry that you're in such a tough place. I had an abortion when I was 17 and I've never regretted ANYTHING, ever, like that. The guilt, pain, regret and longing for your child is the worst feeling.

You can't undo the decision, once it's done, the baby's gone, and you're left with emptiness, regret and overwhelming guilt and sadness.

And, the boy leaves. It takes a couple months sometimes, but every couple that I've known that has an abortion breaks up. The guilt of what happened between you is too much, looking at each other is a reminder, and eventually it's just over, and he leaves to find someone else that doesn't remind him of your dead baby.

Money issues can work out. And, there's adoption if you just don't feel ready to be a mom. Abortion ends a life. You're a mother already, to a little innocent child growing inside of you. It's done nothing wrong and deserves to live. You'll always be a mother from now on, the question is just whether it's to a live baby or a dead one. Harsh but true.

Our natural instinct as mothers is to protect; abortion is the most unnatural thing a mother can allow to happen, it ends the life of her child, a child that she deep down wants to nurture. That's why the guilt and pain can be so awful, because you know you did something so bad when you have an abortion, so completely unnatural and wrong.

If you're 7 weeks, your baby has a heartbeat, fingers, toes, and even fingerprints already! http://www.ehd.org/prenatal-images-index.php

Please keep your baby. I'd be glad to help you find resources to help you in your area, either financial support or adoption resources or both, email info@giveyourbabylife.com

Since you were asking about regrets, here's a link to a website where thousands of women have posted their stories of post abortion regret and pain: http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/testimonies/i...

Take care.

Source(s): www.giveyourbabylife.com

you won't be able to get a tubal ligation or a hysterectomy except you're over 21 and a minimum of have one baby. maximum medical doctors gained't preform this on any women who's definitely below 30. maximum abortions are finished between 6-20 weeks, and are a lot less intense priced. they are from 2 hundred-800$ Tubal ligation/hysterectomy can variety everywhere from 1000-3000$ there's a huge difference in value. in case you concentration on an embryo "alive," then so are dermis cells and micro organism and viruses. once you scratch your dermis, wash your hands, or take anti biotics, you're ending a existence. in case you eat meat, you homicide an animal. (pigs have more beneficial IQs then an common 3 three hundred and sixty 5 days previous, human beings nevertheless don't sense undesirable for eating Sir Francis Bacon) some human beings not in any respect want to have sex, and sex isn't totally for replica. look at each and every of the animals which have sex for in simple terms excitement. All that being stated, i'm obviously professional determination.

Honestly after my abortion I felt relieved, free and happier than I had done in a long time. It was the hardest decision to ever make in my life but the best decision I ever made. Whatever you choose you must be 100% sure it is what you want, you dont need to justify to anyone your reasons for choosing abortion. All the best for the future hun xxx

EDITED: After reading a comment below mine I just had to add not every couple breaks up after abortion. Im still with the same man, marrying him in 6 weeks and expecting our first baby in 13 weeks. My sister has also had an abortion is still with the same man and marrying him in 4 weeks. If a couple breaks up after an abortion they never had a strong foundation to begin with and the issues go deeper than abortion alone.

I felt awful, however it was the best choice for me! I had a similar situation with the unborn child's father, I was about to start college and was no way ready to have an infant. I knew I would never be able to give it up for adoption, so I decided to have an abortion. I used birth control and condoms and it still happened. I knew it was best, and today I feel like it was a horrible thing to have to do, but it was the best choice for me and everyone around me. I was able to finish my degree and start a good life, not drag an infant through financial hard times and deal with a useless sperm donor!

Honestly? Like a POS. I will never forgive myself for doing it. I was only 19 and I had pressure from my parents to have an abortion. They threatened to take away financial support for college, they kicked me out, I was a mess. So I had an abortion and I cried when I got there because I knew it was wrong and I cried when they were going to put me under and all I could think was "God hates me for this". I'm 24 years old now and the thought of me doing that still brings me to tears. I know you are young and have your whole life but I think you got pregnant for a reason. BUT if you feel like you can handle doing this and you can handle the consequences for the rest of your life, then you do what's best for you.

AND ADOPTION?(IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS TO KEEP THE BABY)If you can't keep it I suggest you to give it up for adoption....there are a lot of couple who want to adopt...inform about this option that is better than abortion :)

you have your boyfriend helping :)

YOUR child needs to live,it will SMILE and in this smile you’ll see its “THANKS”.

this is a NEW AND UNREPETABLE human being.

If we thought that a person has to die just because he\she little I would be VERY scared because this is the "survival of the fittest"law,don't you think?

...it's IMPOSSIBLE to have a child that is the same as the other even if this is so little :)

I was so litttle too..

You too :)

So he\she just needs to grow up,that's it :)

You must think also about what is the best for YOUR child 

is there really a reason this child cannot live?I do not think so :)

When you’ll have a chil you’ll think:why did I abort that child and why doesn’t this one?

maybe a friend can help you to TELL YOUR PARENTS,THEY love you and at first they would get angry but then they will help you with the child because they love you but if they will force you to abort please tell them when it's too late to abort.

NOW you're 18 then you will be older and you will be VERY happy with your child :)

Think about it. YOUR CHILD ONLY NEEDs TO GROW UP THEN IT WILL BE LIKE THIS:

Think about it. http://www.google.it/imgres?q=bambino&um=1&hl=it&s...

If there are problem you can give it up for adoption !

You kill him\her with the abortion, and even if you kill him to twenty years ..it's the same...!

do not abort it!

And do not use contraceptives!

Say yes to life ...

YOU LIVE THE SEX IN THE BEST WAY ONLY IN A SAINT PROJECT OPEN TO THE LIFE(CATHOLIC MARRIAGE)…

Remember that you can give the baby up for ADOPTION!

If your mother aborted you .. you would not be born!

The same to you if she aborted you or if she killed you when you were 6 ...

THINK ALSO ABOUT YOUR CHILD’S RIGHTS 

Think about it.

say Yes to life =)

There's no way to be able to tell how you will feel after having an abortion, it's different for everyone. It all depends on your mental/emotional state and how sure you are that this is what you want.

I'm very pro-choice, but you need to be 100% sure that abortion will be the right choice for you to avoid regretting it.

Here, http://www.imnotsorry.net/

I'm sure there's going to be a few pro-life people that will spew horror stories at you about it to try and dissuade you.

I'm so sorry for the difficult situation you are dealing with. You are grappling with some very serious and life-changing decisions--- not just yours, but also your child's. It sounds like you are very wise in your desire to get your life in order and to accomplish some important goals like education, financial stability, and healthy relationships. I met a girl your age who was grappling with your same difficult circumstances that had her contemplating abortion about 3 years ago. Today, her difficult circumstance is my precious three-year-old son. She is in college, doing fantastic, and is a cherished part of our lives. He is the greatest blessing we've ever known--- he loves music, tee ball, and broccoli (so weird!), and just made a birdfeeder that his is immensely proud of. I'm not going to "spew" anything at you; only encourage you to consider a choice that could profoundly and positively affect innumerable lives. My best wishes and prayers as you consider the right path.