Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 9 years ago

Buying a trophy for myself, bec. there's no trophy given in awards nights? ?

i just wanna ask u guys if this is ok? My award was real and announced by the competition organizers. They gave a piece of envelope as an individual price with money inside, but there was no trophy. I've decided to buy for myself. it keeps me thinking and i want to know your comments guys. Thank you .godbless.

• E
    Favorite Answer

It sounds OK to me. Years from now, if it starts to seem a bit odd to you, it will make a funny story for your grandkids.

****************

Edit (a day later): It occurs to me that you'd be in good company. Manfred von Richthofen (the Red Baron) bought himself an engraved silver cup every time he shot down an Allied plane. His jeweler was about 20 cups behind at the time of the Red Baron's death, due to the wartime silver shortage.

• Cogito

Well, you can do whatever you want, I suppose.

I know it's lovely when you're presented with a trophy and you can put it on display, but buying a trophy for yourself is a bit pointless.

I mean, every time you look at it you'll remember that you bought it yourself.

It would be better to buy yourself something you really want, wouldn't it?

• Sylvia

I guess there's nothing wrong with it..... do whatever you want!