laptop broken not exactly sure whats wrong?

okay i have a laptop and all of sudden it wont keep charged.I have had it for a year and 4 months now. i know it might be the battery dying, but also my the port that my charger goes into seems loose. can it possibly be both the charger port and the battery dying. i plan on taking it to best buy soon to get it fixed anyway, but just want to see what others think it might be.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

OMG!!!!! DO NOT LET BEST BUY NEAR YOUR LAPTOP!!!!! Take it to a reputable repair shop.

• 4 years ago

have you ever tried taking it to a suitable shop to get it looked at? if not then i could propose doing that and attempt to proceed with fixing your pc with the information they have given you. i'm not an authority, yet to me it does sound like the connector or socket for the place you plug the charger into, is rather disconnected, yet that honestly relies upon how 'up' that's in the corner. If its in undemanding terms via a small quantity then it is going to not result the charge in any respect. It additionally relies upon on how previous your pc is, by using fact the socket could want changing besides by using previous age, they are able to get worn on any pc quite quite. if it is the case then i could propose taking it right into a save to get it fixed besides as changing this section demands a disassembly of the back of your pc, the front , then keyboard and another factors besides that could desire to ruin your pc all mutually if not executed properly or carefully (this technique additionally takes lots of time, in all probability greater suitable than 2 hours in case you do not understand what you're doing) in case you do all that and it nonetheless would not charge exact then i could propose changing the battery back besides for a clean one, as a battery that in the time of undemanding terms expenditures to 80% is a battery thats quite lots exceeded it. desire this helps and that i'm hoping you get it fixed very nicely :)

• 9 years ago

when you plug the cord in check to see that the light goes on your laptop. Or if you have it turned on go to the settings and see that it registers that you have it plugged in... your cable might just be bad... if it is ok and registers... then it's your battery

Source(s): computer tech major
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.